Mandatory.... Power Metal?

this band has put out some crappy stuff

Um...which?
Legendary Tales was so-so, but everything else has been awesome. I don't have Dawn of Victory, Rain of a Thousand Flames, or Power of the Dragonflame, though.

Also, I just realized I have failed to recommend Tad Morose, which makes me sad. Matters of the Dark is one of my favorite power metal albums of all time. Everyone should hear it. It's heavy, it's dark, it's epic, and it's awesome.

VIRGIN STEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEELE

Oh and really good clean vocals in metal >>>>>>>>>>>> harsh vocals.

Last edited by a moderator:
Um...which?

Well, not whole albums, but there's just a small trio or so of songs per album which are high on the WTF meter. At their best, however, they're a favorite. You don't have 'Power of the Dragonflame'? :yow: That one might be their best.

Let me second the Tad Morose rec and add to that as well as the Grave Digger and Rhapsody stuff:

That song is good, but this one is fucking awesome

That's some of what I mean, people not reading the posts... :p (song was posted in page 1).. Though it is awesome and I guess it doesn't hurt..but still. :p

That's some of what I mean, people not reading the posts... :p (song was posted in page 1).. Though it is awesome and I guess it doesn't hurt..but still. :p

Considering, I only have 10 posts per page lol...I wouldn't have seen it.

But yeah Grave Digger is the absolute shit, I don't think I like as much Power Metal as I do these guys, they fucking slay at that age.

Well, not whole albums, but there's just a small trio or so of songs per album which are high on the WTF meter. At their best, however, they're a favorite. You don't have 'Power of the Dragonflame'? :yow: That one might be their best.

I need to get it, but yeah, a couple on every album. Forest of Unicorns is fucking awesomeful.

Also, the Mystic Prophecy of the Demonknight was awesome, despite being 16 minutes, but the voice acting was atrocious (aside from Saruman and the guy who sounds a shitload like Gandalf) and the end with the really goofy keyboards was just stupid.
Also, it's awesome how they totally ripped off the Moria sequence in Lord of the Rings.
And that really Manowarish bit was kind of weird.

Also, the first narrator who did Symphony 1 needs to FUCKING DIE.

I dont want everyone who put so much time into this thread to think I've abandoned it... Been a busy guy lately. I will get to as much as I can eventually.

Thanks a ton for the giant amount of recs guys.

I'd rather listen to Symphony X then most modern power metal.

And it's a shame that Ample Destruction by Jag Panzer has yet to be mention. Essential.

i love king at a price. i've had the chance to see em twice now, on a local stage. fun live, but pretty cheesy too. the singer flexes his arms too much. kinda gay...

~gR~

and how can anyone say symphony x is bad? i may not classify them as power metal, but they are talented none the less.

~gR~

Somehow you found a song by them that, while not really all that representative, still sucks. It's like if you took a mediocre old school speed/power metal song and then added a lot of gay. And that's their least mediocre album.

Sy-X is another 'if you don't like this genre you'll like this band' band. Me, I've tried very very hard to get into them because I don't think they're *complete* garbage, but alas. Groove groove groove...flashy solo.....vocals that even though they are technically good often sound kind of forced in the overall sound...and once in a while, once in a while, there will be a good chorus. But then it disappears, never to return, and there's more groove riff with random key stuff over it...and then the song is over and I don't remember any part except the one chorus. But, the music has the appearance of aggression.. that's probably the key.

In all seriousness Jorn Lande owns all.

Here is an album with both Russel Allen & Jorn Lande, seriously I enjoy this shit regardless of how gay the lyrics are.

I'm gonna go in all the black metal threads and pimp Woods of Ypres.

Woods Of Ypres is the absolute shit. I think I'm gonna go see them on the 20th.

and seriously how can you not like this shit