Looking for some brain-crushingly awesome power metal

SouthernTrendkill

Super Normie
Aug 22, 2007
I've always been fascinated by the different forms of metal. Death metal is my favorite but I've got some good thrash, good black, good doom... so I figure the next thing I ought to find is some power metal I like.

The problem of course is that power metal ain't really my thing. But I do kinda like Children of Bodom and Rammstein which are kinda power-y.

What are some excruciatingly HEAVY power metal bands? Like, power metal at light speed and a million decibels and it will turn yout body into goo to listen to it. And stuff that's not too optimistic or upbeat, if that's possible for power metal. Any help?

Many many thanks in advance!

They're a totally sweet band but is that as heavy as it gets? Nothing I've heard from them has been remotely fast.

I don't think you'll find any brain crushingly awesome power metal bands, but I made a similar thread a while back and the 2 power metal bands I really liked were.

Kalmah
Imperanon

although they might arguably not be power metal, but they certainly have the power metal feel to them.

4225.jpg

I feel like replying in accord with your thread title, as opposed to the content, since that is the reason I opened the thread...being misled does not amuse me. (stroppy tone, but tongue-in-cheek :p -- you said 'awesome' but meant 'heavy'. I've been dealing with Christians for the last two hours, I never know just how much I have to spell out to people anymore)

I don't get why people go into rec threads and don't pay attention at all to what the guy is looking for... that's totally non-sequitor. Not replying at all is far better than replying with random bands the guy doesn't want. There's more to a thread than just its title. And I'm not being specifically a dick to you Seditious, I see people doing this all the time. Somebody will be like "dude, I want some thrash" and somebody will come in and be like "totally listen to burzum, they rule."

V.V.V.V.V.

Disclaimer: All song samplers and segments provided exclusively for promotional purposes. No full content of any copyrighted material is provided. For full songs or albums consult google for a licensed retailer.

look at what you're censoring before you censor it. I'm not linking people to torrents, or seeding albums.

I don't get why people go into rec threads and don't pay attention at all to what the guy is looking for... that's totally non-sequitor. Not replying at all is far better than replying with random bands the guy doesn't want. There's more to a thread than just its title. And I'm not being specifically a dick to you Seditious, I see people doing this all the time. Somebody will be like "dude, I want some thrash" and somebody will come in and be like "totally listen to burzum, they rule."

yea, I see and dislike that a lot too.
Here I did it solely to make a point.

V.V.V.V.V.

Disclaimer: All song samplers and segments provided exclusively for promotional purposes. No full content of any copyrighted material is provided. For full songs or albums consult google for a licensed retailer.

look at what you're censoring before you censor it. I'm not linking people to torrents, or seeding albums.

You didn't provide any of that information. Was it in the links? It looked like you just uploaded that stuff. Sorry if you didn't. The thing is, we can get in biiiig trouble for shit like that. I am myself a big proponent of downloading, but not as mod here. Sorry if I inhibited any actual LEGAL activity, but if you could make a note as to why the things you're posting are legal before posting them (in the post would be nice) in the future, that'd be cool.

yea, I see and dislike that a lot too.
Here I did it solely to make a point.

Fair enough, bra. I tried to imply the heavy with the brain-crushing. I figured the image of a skull collapsing would get the message through, but I'm frequently reminded of the fact that I often fail to express myself.

You didn't provide any of that information. Was it in the links? It looked like you just uploaded that stuff. Sorry if you didn't. The thing is, we can get in biiiig trouble for shit like that. I am myself a big proponent of downloading, but not as mod here. Sorry if I inhibited any actual LEGAL activity, but if you could make a note as to why the things you're posting are legal before posting them (in the post would be nice) in the future, that'd be cool.

I'm not sure it is legal, bro. With copyright issues there is often something like 'less than 1/10th the material' and I often share half the song (less than a 10th of the 'product' though *shrug*) so I'm not sure where it stands...I just have a little faith that the band wouldn't be upset that I'm giving people a taste, but not hooking them up with anything satisfactory enough... if someone likes it they'll be like 'fuck you, cheapskate, I want the rest'.

I'll definitely do my best to be clear in the future (in the past I've actually done this through PMs, but so often I've a monthlater had a reply like 'woah I never notice the PMs thing on this forum' lol so I gave up on it)