Kamelot Ghost Opera re-release

straight from melodicrock.com
KAMELOT'S SECOND COMING WITH GHOST OPERA RELEASE:
Hannover, Germany, February 11th, 2008 - One of music's premier and prestigious rock/metal acts Kamelot will reissue its classic "Ghost Opera". For countless Kamelot fans, "Ghost Opera" is a milestone in the band's history. March 28th, 2008 (Germany), March 31st, 2008 (Europe) and April 8th, 2008 (USA/Canada) will see the re-release of this classic recording under the title of "Ghost Opera- The Second Coming", enhanced with lots of interesting features. The album will be released as a double CD limited edition slipcase design, proving again that Kamelot is among the most important representative of its genre worldwide.
This sophisticated and comprehensive package includes the CD featuring all the songs from the regular album, plus ten additional live tracks recorded live in Belgrade Serbia during the bands World tour 2007, plus the bonus tracks - Seasons End, Pendulous Fall, Epilogue and the remix of Rule The World. Additionally the two videos for Human Stain and Memento Mori (live) and on top of that, the package features new artwork and a comprehensive booklet.
CD1: Ghost Opera - 1. Solitaire, 2. Rule The World, 3. Ghost Opera, 4. The Human Stain, 5. Blücher, 6. Love You To Death, 7. Up Through The Ashes, 8. Mourning Star, 9. Silence Of The Darkness, 10. Anthem, 11. EdenEcho, 12. Memento Mori (enhanced Video Live Belgrade, Serbia), 13. Human Stain (enhanced Video).
CD 2: Live from Belgrade - 1. Solitaire, 2. Ghost Opera, 3. The Human Stain, 4. Mourning Star, 5. When the Lights Are Down, 6. Abandoned, 7. The Haunting (with Simone Simons/Epica), 8. Memento Mori, 9. Epilogue, 10. March of Mephisto. Studio cuts: 11. Seasons End, 12. Pendulous Fall, 13. Epilogue, 14. Rule The World (Remix).
Kamelot's massive European Headliner Tour kicks off this April/May 2008, followed by select high profile Summer Festivals.

This kind of stuff pisses me off... Don't get me wrong - as a Kamelot fan I'm thrilled that they are releasing new content, but why do they have to package it with a CD that the majority of their fans already own? And since I'm feeling persnickity: Since when did a band's most recent album become a "classic?"

/rant

Kamelot's 'Everything we did before The Black Halo is irrelevant' attitude is really starting to piss me off. The words they've used to describe Ghost Opera are positively hilarious.

Kamelot's 'Everything we did before The Black Halo is irrelevant' attitude is really starting to piss me off. The words they've used to describe Ghost Opera are positively hilarious.

Hey now, let's not blame the band when this is more than likely the record label's decision. Not to mention the label's publicity department is writing these press releases, not Thomas Youngblood.

THE FOURTH LEGACY IS A CLASSIC. GHOST OPERA IS NOT.

Heck, even after two attempts, I still can't completely finish listening to Ghost Opera. If it was Karma or Epica, hell yeah call it a classic, but not this one.

Don't overhype. Just give us the awesome. All killer, no filler, stop BS-ing us.

Now this is pretty darned lame! I don't mind buying re-releases of albums that have been out for countless years, etc., but this is just a sad attempt from the label trying to make more money. :rolleyes: They can keep it!

~Brian~

Hey now, let's not blame the band when this is more than likely the record label's decision. Not to mention the label's publicity department is writing these press releases, not Thomas Youngblood.

It's not just this, read their band bio on their site. It's one thing to try and promote yourself but it's gotten to the point of self-parody, and I'm pretty sure the band are not innocent bystanders who have no control over the situation.

I don't know why there is so much hate for this album. I think rereleasing it is dumb. But I think its one of their best albums...

If by "classic" they mean "typical," which is one definition, well, maybe... lol Though technically perhaps accurate, generally people expect "classic" to mean something that's already stood the test of time. Time being equal to, oh, say, maybe more than a year?

Add me to the "will not be buying this" camp.

I'm not crazy about the idea that this album is already getting re-released, but it does go to show just how popular this band is getting. I personally believe that "Ghost Opera" is one of the ten best releases of 2007, but that doesn't warrant a reissue.

As for the "Everything before the Black Halo sucks" attitude," I'm not sure if that's exactly how they feel. However, I don't like the fact that their first four albums have been completely ignored on their last two tours. Then again, Khan doesn't have the vocal range to pull off most of the material from "Siege Perilous" or "The Fourth Legacy" anymore, so maybe it's best that they don't embarrass themselves by playing that stuff.

Stay metal. Never rust.
Met-Al

I don't know why there is so much hate for this album. I think rereleasing it is dumb. But I think its one of their best albums...

I also agree. I actually thought Ghost Opera was pretty good myself (then again, I also thought the latest Sonata Arctica album was really good as well, despite a good many of the people on here pissing on it).

But, I do have to admit that I agree with the general assessment that if they are talking about "classic" Kamelot, then something like Siege Perilous or Karma would be a better fit. Hell, even Epica is a classic to me.