Kamelot (the band)

Waterboy

 Certified iPod Trainer
Jan 22, 2007
Baton Rouge, La.
Did a search (using the forums Search function ... I know), and found nothing about these guys.

With that said - I thought I would share their link to a video that has me hooked right now:

[ame=http://youtube.com/watch?v=0gnFbwRmkc4]Kamelot - with cameo from Shagrath (from Dimmu)[/ame]

The vocals are taking me a little while to get used to, but they are growing on me.

If I am not mistaken, these guys are from Florida.

If you have heard of them - great.

If not - you should check 'em out - you may dig 'em.

Take care.

Edit: BTW, the name of this tune (I think) is March of Mephisto.

Yeah, i like this band a lot, my favorite album is Karma, but black halo es really nice too, as well ghost opera, their newest album.

+1 Grywolf, Epica and Black Halo are my favorites as well (in that order), with Karma in a close 3rd and GO in 4th. They're one of only 3 power metal bands I actually like (the other two being Sonata Arctica and Blind Guardian, all the rest of the bands in the genre are so miserably generic and cheesy, though Manowar holds a special place in my heart because they're AWESOMELY generic and cheesy :D). I've loved 'em since I bought Karma around when it came out; to me, they're one of the most European sounding American bands I've heard, which is the highest praise I can give, believe me. :) Khan has such an amazing voice, and I really love their "Cirque du Soleil" influence in their music (though I gotta say, I can't stand "The Fourth Legacy" or anything before it, way too generic power metal for me). "One Cold Winter's Night" is a kickass DVD, worth checking out!

+1 Grywolf, Epica and Black Halo are my favorites as well (in that order), with Karma in a close 3rd and GO in 4th. They're one of only 3 power metal bands I actually like (the other two being Sonata Arctica and Blind Guardian, all the rest are so miserably generic and cheesy, though Manowar holds a special place in my heart because they're AWESOMELY generic and cheesy :D). I've loved 'em since I bought Karma around when it came out; to me, they're one of the most European sounding American bands I've heard, which is the highest praise I can give, believe me. :) Khan has such an amazing voice, and I really love their "Cirque du Soleil" influence in their music (though I gotta say, I can't stand "The Fourth Legacy" or anything before it, way too generic power metal for me). "One Cold Winter's Night" is a kickass DVD, worth checking out!

I was wondering when you'd chime in on this. :) +1 on the DVD. Definitely one of the better live DVD's out there (IMO).

Now I really feel like a schmuck!

I must be the only person who has not heard of these cats before!

Thanks for the replies, guys.

Now I really feel like a schmuck!

I must be the only person who has not heard of these cats before!

Thanks for the replies, guys.

Haha. Better late than never. :) If you like Kamelot, check out Circus Maximus (from Norway) if you don't already know them. Mike is a great singer And Mats is an incredible guitarist. Besides being a great band, they're also just some really cool guys.

Great band. I really like all their material with Khan, though the Karma/Epica/Black Halo albums seem to be the most solid. The Fourth Legacy has some great songs IMO but lacks some maturity in places, while the new one also has sone great songs, but lack originallity. The songs start to feel abit old and the production, especially the vocals and female "oohh aahhs" in the chorus grow old quick.

Good input, folks.

I suppose it is better late, than never, eh?
:lol:

I wasn't aware that there was a DVD - until you men mentioned it - gonna have to loon into that!

I have listened to a couple of their other tunes, and I still think they sound great, but I also still feel that the vocals take a little bit to get used to. Don't get me wrong: the dude can sing his rear-end off, it's just different from what I would expect.

Still, though - very cool stuff.

Be good.