Very helpful tip for new guys about the forums

Lodge

Jun 10, 2008
Like most of the others here, I lurked these forums for a couple of years before I actually had something to post. Like most of the other new people, I also hate the search function, although I still use it.

Anyway, for you guys new to the forums that have questions about basic recording information, here is something that I have found very helpful. If the search function is giving you trouble, simply go to the equipment or production tips subforums and go to the very last pages. These pages consist of the first posts made on these forums, when almost everyone was as clueless as you may be. If you have truly basic questions, usually you can find a topic for it within 2-3 pages, with great, detailed answers given before these guys got tired of our noob shit :lol:

Even if you don't find the answer to your particular question you will learn a lot of great shit, and I think that everyone who is new to these forums should do this every time you visit these forums, if you truly are serious about getting your shit together when it comes to your recordings.

I have explored the old posts almost every day for around 2 years or so, and now that I have spent all that time balls deep in studying all the old posts I feel as if I have the knowledge I need to enjoy some of the more current shit being posted here, without annoying the piss out of people who have been here long before us. Nobody faults us for being noobs as long as we are self- sufficient to some degree.

Wow, mother of fuck I didn't mean to rant on and on, but if at least a couple of new people read all the way through and get what I'm trying to say, then :headbang:

Like most of the others here, I lurked these forums for a couple of years before I actually had something to post. Like most of the other new people, I also hate the search function, although I still use it.

Anyway, for you guys new to the forums that have questions about basic recording information, here is something that I have found very helpful. If the search function is giving you trouble, simply go to the equipment or production tips subforums and go to the very last pages. These pages consist of the first posts made on these forums, when almost everyone was as clueless as you may be. If you have truly basic questions, usually you can find a topic for it within 2-3 pages, with great, detailed answers given before these guys got tired of our noob shit :lol:

Even if you don't find the answer to your particular question you will learn a lot of great shit, and I think that everyone who is new to these forums should do this every time you visit these forums, if you truly are serious about getting your shit together when it comes to your recordings.

I have explored the old posts almost every day for around 2 years or so, and now that I have spent all that time balls deep in studying all the old posts I feel as if I have the knowledge I need to enjoy some of the more current shit being posted here, without annoying the piss out of people who have been here long before us. Nobody faults us for being noobs as long as we are self- sufficient to some degree.

Wow, mother of fuck I didn't mean to rant on and on, but if at least a couple of new people read all the way through and get what I'm trying to say, then :headbang:

Actually the forum was active way before 2006...
I joined in 2005 and I remember a very useful 'Archives' section with a small link to the bottom of the page (which has since been removed) that showed a hypertext page with every post ever written since its inception.
I wish I had saved a lot of the very early discussions but what's gone it's gone.
There's a lot of useful material from 2006 on, anyway so this is just me showing off by taking pride of being there since almost the beginning.

:loco:

Actually the forum was active way before 2006...
I joined in 2005 and I remember a very useful 'Archives' section with a small link to the bottom of the page (which has since been removed) that showed a hypertext page with every post ever written since its inception.
I wish I had saved a lot of the very early discussions but what's gone it's gone.
There's a lot of useful material from 2006 on, anyway so this is just me showing off by taking pride of being there since almost the beginning.

:loco:

Yes, there was an archive section, which is how I originally found this forum. I was digging through the archives, compiling everything I wanted/needed to know into a text file "encyclopedia" for myself, before I actually became active on the forum.