most helpful books

ok so i guess this post is for you to post the book that you found most helpful in either mixing or mastering? I've had a few books on my christmas list and cant wait to see if I got any. I asked for Mastering Audio by Bob Katz and the Mixing Engineers Handbook. Just curious to see what books you guys found helpful. Thanks

Jordan

Howard Massey's Behind The Glass is pretty good, as is Maureen Droney's Mix Masters (Berklee Press). Personally, however, I've found that I can pretty much get whatever recording info or education I need on the net, especially on Gearslutz.com. The Guest Moderators alone make it worth the search, and many of the posters really know what they're talking about and are willing to teach it to others.

I've read both those books.

Mastering Audio was good, but if you don't know a lot about audio it might be a little over your head. Very technical but it's a good book and he has some interesting ideas on some things which some wouldn't consider normal.

Mixing Engineer's handbook was all right, It's good and all as an introduction to mixing and I learned a little bit but knew the bulk of the material already so it kind of bored me. But I don't know what level you're at. Gave some good ideas and tried and true methods though.
I've glanced in the "Recording Engineer's Handbook" from the same company and it looked really really good. I might pick it up when I have some spare cash.