Putting on a desktop recorder while you mix?

Anyone gotten "waveout/sound from speakers" on a Pod X3 to work on Vista?
Can't get it to work on my M-Audio Firewire Solo card either..
Seems like it just won't work...

Vista doesnt have that function, so you have to do a registerhack to get that slider, OR run a software that reroutes the signal for you(Some audiocards have that.).

Heres a vid of me tracking The Forensic.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ebj04kzfO_c

Badass dude, that kick sounds FANTASTIC, and the snare does too (though pretty obviously sample replaced, though I guess that's cuz of his aforementioned vaginal hitting tendencies :erk: ) - what samples did you use, Slate? He seems like a pretty good drummer too, which is always a plus. What'd you use for the guitars? The singer sounds ridiculous (and not in a good way), though :erk:

EDIT: Eek, guitars need some tuning in those harmonies, though that could be them not returning to pitch in their vibrato

Badass dude, that kick sounds FANTASTIC, and the snare does too (though pretty obviously sample replaced, though I guess that's cuz of his aforementioned vaginal hitting tendencies :erk: ) - what samples did you use, Slate? He seems like a pretty good drummer too, which is always a plus. What'd you use for the guitars? The singer sounds ridiculous (and not in a good way), though :erk:

EDIT: Eek, guitars need some tuning in those harmonies, though that could be them not returning to pitch in their vibrato

+1 on everything said lol Really great dudes though, The drummer was super tight to a click and i think thats why his performance suffered becouse he was concentrating on timing more so than power. I think i used the nightwish kick sample and slate on the snare. guitar was Mesa and JSX. And as far as the Vox go,..........I couldnt to anything for em lol but i will say they were one of the most enjoyable projects i have ever done, come on they paid me, fed me, brought beer, and smoke. :headbang: they are now some of my really good friends.

Hey good deal, sounds like a blast! And I'm sure these stories of cool clients who can play to a click will make many here green with envy :D

Hey good deal, sounds like a blast! And I'm sure these stories of cool clients who can play to a click will make many here green with envy :D

The first and only, he actualy had an electronic kit he practiced on at home, and would play to a click. Another thing that kinda floored me when they came in, was the fact that they had sequenced out every part to everyone of there songs using guitar pro......