Anybody wanna show us how they mix their drums (Screen recording request!)

Toni S.

Sep 10, 2008
Hi,

Just wanted to ask if anybody would be so cool to put on a screen recorder and show us how they mix their drums (post-processing etc) or just generally how they mix. It can be on acoustic drums or drum software.

I think the community would be really thankful (especially me). :headbang:

Here's a screen recording software for PC: http://camstudio.org/

and for MAC: http://www.jingproject.com/

I think you can also use quicktime X to record your screen?

I know I have asked this before, but this thread is more geared towards drum mixing.

So, anybody willing to do it? :)

Attention!:

Our own Machinated just posted a video on the second page, take a look guys!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UgpEqhpelpM&fmt=18

there you go fools, im uploading to dropbox too but it will take a few hours to upload. just done in one take, demo software etc

dropbox link (better quality): http://dl.dropbox.com/u/303799/Remember%20Mix.mov

I'll embed it here aswell:

Last edited by a moderator:
Well if you wait long enough I will be putting out mixing videos and shit. Not that I'm great or anything, I'm still just a newbie but people have said some nice things about my upcoming album and I figure some would think it'd be cool with vids :)

Well if you wait long enough I will be putting out mixing videos and shit. Not that I'm great or anything, I'm still just a newbie but people have said some nice things about my upcoming album and I figure some would think it'd be cool with vids :)

Been waiting for the new video dude :) watched all your youtube ones up to the vocals!

The drum micing techniques were quite useful! Need to try um out!

i wouldn't mind doing this, but i could never figure out how to get audio from a mic hooked up to my Digi 003 to record onto this software.

Anyone know how?

Gonna have to go in and set the recording device in windows to the Digi 003. It's prolly set on the computers sound card and it's looking for a mic plugged into the motherboards 1/8" jack. Check in control panel and sounds on a PC. As far as a Mac... I'm not exactly sure but it should be the same issue.

It would be great to see some stuff from you Brian. Hope you get it figured out. If not you can always just record them separately and sync them later? Guess you'd need different software for that. Or the software itself may have an option to select where it is receiving audio from.

I think that this won't work when PT is running! I think it has this lame policy that only one program can use the 003 at a time...

i wouldn't mind doing this, but i could never figure out how to get audio from a mic hooked up to my Digi 003 to record onto this software.

Anyone know how?

Run a cable from your aux output to line in of your internal soundcard.

Route all your tracks to an aux (solosafe) with its output corresponding to this output.
Have an aux track (solosafe) for you mic also going to this output.

I use this
Totalblender-wildside.jpg

Works pretty well

Just checked out your youtube page , nice stuff !:headbang:

Anyone know how?

Voice-over would be a cool plus, but I wouldn't mind watching the video without it either :)

That would be so cool if you Brian would do this! :headbang:

Run a cable from your aux output to line in of your internal soundcard.

Route all your tracks to an aux (solosafe) with its output corresponding to this output.
Have an aux track (solosafe) for you mic also going to this output.

you rule dude. I'll try this if i get a chance.

Only problem i see is that i use my pod xt as my sound device for my computer, so my "line in" is the guitar input, thus mono.

What kind of sound card do you use?