Putting on a desktop recorder while you mix?

BUMP!!

moar.jpg

Im going to try and put up a 2 song project Im working on. I gotta say I have been lucky with the drummer situation lately, because he is solid as hell to the click. give me a few days.

Im going to try and put up a 2 song project Im working on. I gotta say I have been lucky with the drummer situation lately, because he is solid as hell to the click. give me a few days.

Thanks!! Cant wait to see it >.<

does anybody knows some program to do this videos that works with
toneport?

The biggest misconception in engineering is the talent is about making moves or doing tricks.

Its about only one thing--Ears

You can watch an painter all day...but if you cant conceptualize a 3d world on a 2d canvas it wont make any difference

You wouldnt learn as much as you think by watching Randy Staub if you dont have golden ears because you dont hear like him. The moves he makes are based on what HE hears. Every sound is different and moves are made according to the ME's perceptions of what he is hearing

My point is ear training is the key..not watching someone else. Im not saying it wont be helpful but if you have the first thing--you wont even need to watch anyone because there are a thousand ways to get to the final mix as long as you Know what your hearing, what it can be, and how it will blend with other sounds.

Thats exactly what a Painter does--so if you can see the analogy--you know that watching him isnt gonna gain you his perceptions.

^^ Yea but there is still tons of stuff you can learn by watching other people mix like for example work flow and shortcuts and editing tips i could care less what anyones eq settings are because like you said its useless to me because il use my own but i would like to see how people mix so i can improve my workflow (which is pretty slow at the moment) DAW's are pretty in depth pieces of software and il take all the help i can get