Question about mixing in 5.1 surround

rwo1

New Metal Member
Jul 26, 2004
Greetings,

I have been visiting this board off and on for quite a while and find it very informative. So i would like to ask any of you ,and Andy of course, if you have any knowledge in regard to mixing in 5.1 surround?? At present im using ACID 4.0 and it has the option to record and mix in 5.1. What i really need to know is when you are done mixing the song and want to burn it on a DVD im asumming...do you need a special program to do this?? Any tips would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks guys

I do quite a bit of surround mixing these days, I don't particually like it, I don't think it suits this style of music but its ok for live stuff, to add some space.

You basically need some sort of encoder, if you have a good DVD authorising program ,like DVD studio pro, you should be able to load all 6 tracks into it and use something like Dolby AC3 to encode it.
I have Smartcode pro DVDcd, which encodes a cdr so you can play it in a DVD player

Andy Sneap said:
I do quite a bit of surround mixing these days, I don't particually like it, I don't think it suits this style of music but its ok for live stuff, to add some space.

You basically need some sort of encoder, if you have a good DVD authorising program ,like DVD studio pro, you should be able to load all 6 tracks into it and use something like Dolby AC3 to encode it.
I have Smartcode pro DVDcd, which encodes a cdr so you can play it in a DVD player

Awesome....thanks for the info. I really appreciate it. :headbang: