Kamelot - The Black Halo

It goes without saying that two of the albums that have had playtime today are Karma and The Black Halo (the others being Blind Guardian - Nightfall in Middle-Earth and Opeth - My Arms, Your Hearse -- yeah, all godlike albums).

In a similar fashion to Blind Guardian's inspiring me to read The Dark Tower series by Stephen King ('cause of the amazing song SOMEWHERE FAR BEYOND), Epica and The Black Halo have inspired me to read Goethe's Faust, and I am loving it. Anyone who has not read it is highly encouraged to do so while listening to Epica and then The Black Halo, repeatedly. \m/ LITERARY METAL \m/

Mantraschism said:
It goes without saying that two of the albums that have had playtime today are Karma and The Black Halo (the others being Blind Guardian - Nightfall in Middle-Earth and Opeth - My Arms, Your Hearse -- yeah, all godlike albums).

In a similar fashion to Blind Guardian's inspiring me to read The Dark Tower series by Stephen King ('cause of the amazing song SOMEWHERE FAR BEYOND), Epica and The Black Halo have inspired me to read Goethe's Faust, and I am loving it. Anyone who has not read it is highly encouraged to do so while listening to Epica and then The Black Halo, repeatedly. \m/ LITERARY METAL \m/
GAH! Don't waste your time with the Dark Tower series. You'll only end up disappointed and hating King. The story starts out good, but it progressively gets bad.

@weenur: Too late. I finished the series many months ago. It did seem to be a rather weak ending. The early (first three) books were definitely the best, but I did like the final book because it was so sad. I mean, true, the ending was bleh, but what was happening to the characters was heartbreaking (although, Susannah was a cop-out bitch; that was a shitty thing for King to have her do). I don't feel bitter about reading that series. Weak endings seems to be a King trademark -- at least, if reading three of his works (I count DT as one work) is any indicator: It, The Stand, and DT. All had disappointing endings.

Anyway, the Blind Guardian song was only based on the first three books, and is a godlike song in any case.