Kamelot - The Black Halo

Medusa's eyes said:
:OMG: !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Just boring???? omg I get chills when I listen to Russell singing on these albums, wtf.

I believe the last two albums feature Russell's greatest vocal performances. He's much more versatile and emotional now than he was back in the Divine Wings era.

Upon further listens, I've decided that the new album is pure class.

Metropolis Part 2 said:
@Kazahana- Perfectly said, this album is amazing. Khan and Kamelot may not be the most talented band in the world, but they can surely write. Man, Khan's voice in this album is simply stunning, he may not be as good as a Kevin James Labrie, Andre Matos or Geoff Tate, but he gets the job done. This album is one of my favorite albums of all time right now, buy it with those other 3 albums indeed.

Khan is better than Labrie and Matos combined.

<Metropolis Part 2> I really like Symphony X, but I think they suck.</Metropolis Part 2>

I honestly haven't heard too much of Kamelot, but from what I did hear, I like them a lot. They are definitely one of those groups I need to look into more.

and i'd suggest Epica. dunno, didn't think Karma was as good. Black Halo on the other hand... but you'd need to hear Epica first since that's part 1 of the story.

The Black Halo > Karma > Epica > The Fourth Legacy > the older stuff.

Epica has some awesome tunes, but it loses points for all those bloody filler tracks.

@Arglebargle- The latest couple of Kamelot releases starting with Karma, Kamelot went to another level above all those generic Power Metal bands.

Here what would be mine
The Black Halo>Karma/Epica>The Fourth Legacy

Wow, these guys sound good.

Too bad they are gonna be put on a backed up list of albums I have to buy :cry:

edit....
I really liked the female part in Center of the Universe. I don't mean to go off topic here but does anyone know any bands with a female singer that has a celtic voice, like "Love" in Ayeron's Day 11:Love.

Metropolis Part 2 said:
??? Backed up list of albums? What do you mean by that man?

I have so many albums I want to buy and almost every other week a new album gets added.

I won't be able to afford to buy them all until the semester is over.

edit....

OMFG!!!! YES YES YES YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I just heard "Bastard". I LOVE music like this. That female singer at the beginning makes it 10000000000000 times better. Then around :47 is the slow piano music with the power metal in teh background......totally awesome!!! :headbang: :headbang:

Well anyway I think Black Halo is an awesome album as well. I assume it is intended to cover the second part of Goethe's Faust, and so finish the story started in Epica, but I set it far above Epica.
There is not a single track I do not love on this album. The first 4 tracks are an amazing display of Kamalot's ability to write powerful and crunching metal. After the first interlude the buildup over the next three tracks to "Moonlight" is inspired, while the final section of the album just blew me away.

To me this really shows how far Kamalot have devolped musically over the last few years, there really isn't a wasted note here.

Bastard? Oh you got the video off their site?

Bastard is the name of the anime in music video. The song is called Karma :) and yes double bass drumming + piano does really kick ass.

Karma, Epica and Black Halo are masterpieces. Kamelot can produce kickass melodic power metal, and deliver conceptual epics on the same album. Much like Symphony X, except to a lesser degree.

kazahana said:
Bastard? Oh you got the video off their site?

Bastard is the name of the anime in music video. The song is called Karma :) and yes double bass drumming + piano does really kick ass.

Karma, Epica and Black Halo are masterpieces. Kamelot can produce kickass melodic power metal, and deliver conceptual epics on the same album. Much like Symphony X, except to a lesser degree.

If this offends anyone: I think Kamelot is around the same level as Symphony X in conceptual epics and Symphonic Power Metal.