Kamelot - The Black Halo

It's absolutely excellent - mine arrived a couple of days ago and I've been playing it solid. The melodic power metal is brilliant as ever, but I certainly feel the album takes a more progressive turn than their previous ventures. Thomas Youngblood may not be the fastest or most technical guitarist in the world, but he doesn't need to be - his playing and composition is superb. Khan... well the man can't really do anything wrong can he? Get this album, and Fourth Legacy, Karma and Epica. Black Halo is stronger than Epica in my opinion, and probably only slightly better than Karma which was my previous favourite. They're all classic albums though.

@Kazahana- Perfectly said, this album is amazing. Khan and Kamelot may not be the most talented band in the world, but they can surely write. Man, Khan's voice in this album is simply stunning, he may not be as good as a Kevin James Labrie, Andre Matos or Geoff Tate, but he gets the job done. This album is one of my favorite albums of all time right now, buy it with those other 3 albums indeed.

Metropolis Part 2 said:
Man, Khan's voice in this album is simply stunning, he may not be as good as James Labrie, Andre Matos or Geoff Tate, but he gets the job done.

Your fanaticism towards DreamTheater blinds you....

Khan is THE MAN. He has the most elegant voice i have ever heard (I can tell you he sings better live than in the studio).

After reading all the hype, I bought this album... but I find it to be intensely boring... not nearly as good as "Karma". There's not a song on it I enjoy.

@Luis- Nop, my love for KJL does not blind me, I love Khan a lot, but hes not one of TOP FAVORITES. Hell yea, I'll be looking forward to seeing Kamelot live. (Haven't seen them live before0 :( Kamelot is quickly becoming one of my favorites:)

Luis said:
Your fanaticism towards DreamTheater blinds you....

yes, I think your living in a "solitary shell" right now metropolis........
"as a boy he was considered somewhat odd,
kept to himself most of the time......"
oh sorry, damn thats songs catchy, but
my point is that I think Sir Russel Allen is better than James but thats just my opinion, you'll realize the truth sooner a later Victoria...I MEAN metropolis my friend (breaks into Overture 1928)

wayne the goblin/robot said:
oh sorry, damn thats songs catchy, but
my point is that I think Sir Russel Allen is better than James but thats just my opinion, you'll realize the truth sooner a later Victoria...I MEAN metropolis my friend (breaks into Overture 1928)

I don't know, I own almost all the SX albums and My SX cds haven't been listened very oftenly. The vocals on the Odyssey and V were just boring. By the way we are talking about Kamelot.

Khan :worship: >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Allen :hotjump:

Metropolis Part 2 said:
I don't know, I own almost all the SX albums and My SX cds haven't been listened very oftenly. The vocals on the Odyssey and V were just boring. By the way we are talking about Kamelot.

Khan :worship: >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Allen :hotjump:

:OMG: !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Just boring???? omg I get chills when I listen to Russell singing on these albums, wtf.

Anyway, The Black Halo is just GREAT. I think it's my fav. album of them so far :).
I won a Meet & Greet with Kamelot on April the 3rd!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

wayne the goblin/robot said:
oh sorry, damn thats songs catchy

Yes, that song is catchy because Dream Theater ripped it off of Peter Gabriel's "Solsbury Hill".

Ho boy. not another debate involving Metropolis(the guy, not the song).

For the life of me, it escapes all known logic why you construct your posts to glorify DT in expense of other groups, like Symphony X. And you're doing this in what is officially SyX's backyard! My my, what gall you have. Spare us, please. this has gone long enough. Nothing comes out of your "comparing-apples-to-oranges"-type posts, and if you're worth your salts intellectually, you'll know that too.

on topic: I absolutely love Kamelot since I've heard "The Fourth Legacy". I'm now trying to save dough for this album. Friends from the US said it's a real blast. haha..