KATAKLYSM To Tour North America With DYING FETUS, ELUVEITIE And KEEP OF KALESSIN

Saladbar

Jose Saladbar
Feb 12, 2007
Elgin, IL
This is a great lineup, I think ELUVEITIE is gonna stand out like a sore thumb but I saw them at Pagan Fest and they were reallly good.
Here's hoping to a Chicago date! :kickass:

From Blabbermouth:
HeavyMetalSource.com conducted an interview guitarist Jean-Francois Dagenais of the Canadian extreme metal band KATAKLYSM on June 28, 2008 at the Starland Ballroom in Sayreville, New Jersey. Watch the five-minute chat below.

KATAKLYSM will embark on its first headlining tour in four years this fall. The trek will run from September 28 until October 28 and will include Relapse recording artists DYING FETUS and Nuclear Blast labelmates ELUVEITIE and KEEP OF KALESSIN.

Last edited by a moderator:
This should be a great tour. I missed Eluveitie at Pfest due to running around & picking up Darkane, which bummed me out cuz of all the great reviews I heard about them. So, I'll have to make this one for sure.

I've also been listening to the new KoK album, which is also pretty damn good for the type of metal they play.

From Blabbermouth:

The first set of headlining dates from Canadian hyper-blasters KATAKLYSM has been announced. Dubbed the second annual Death By Decibels tour, this year's installment will also feature DYING FETUS, ELUVEITIE and KEEP OF KALESSIN. Additional shows, including dates in Canada with special guest ARSIS, will be announced shortly. Look for more regional guests to be announced on several shows soon as well.

Confirmed dates so far are as follows:

Sep. 26 - Mokena, IL @ The Pearl Room
Sep. 27 - Detroit, MI @ Harpos
Sep. 28 - Cleveland, OH @ Peabody's
Sep. 29 - New York, NY @ Gramercy Theatre
Oct. 01 - Worcester, MA @ The Palladium
Oct. 02 - Springfield, VA @ Jaxx
Oct. 04 - Spartanburg, SC @ Ground Zero
Oct. 07 - Houston, TX @ Meridian
Oct. 08 - San Antonio, TX @ White Rabbit
Oct. 09 - Dallas, TX @ Ridglea Theater
Oct. 11 - San Diego, CA @ Soma
Oct. 12 - Los Angeles, CA @ Key Club

Son of a bitch. I wanted to go to Milwaukee that day to see Opeth.

What to do, what to do...

Not so obvious for me. I like going up to Milwaukee because it's a totally different crowd up there and I get to see my cheeseheads. :)

I'm still contemplating.

So does that mean you're going to see Testament at the Rave tonight? ;)

We'll be there...you should come up. It'll be nice to enjoy the show without having to run around like a madman. I actually missed the first 2 1/2 songs at Powerfest because of it. :(

I wish I could go to Testament, but I'll be downtown all day at a Cubs rooftop and won't get home until late this evening. Seeing them again would be awesome.

So does that mean you're going to see Testament at the Rave tonight? ;)

We'll be there...you should come up. It'll be nice to enjoy the show without having to run around like a madman. I actually missed the first 2 1/2 songs at Powerfest because of it. :(

Sadly, no. :( It's not in the budget this week. Had some unexpected things come up, so I'm laying low this evening and drinkin' a few brews with a friend at my pad. =) I'm glad that you guys are going up there though! Under normal circumstances I would be at this show fo' sho. Take in the full effect this time! :)

Why does only Canada get Arsis...damn it!!

ditto, im going all the way to crappy dirtfest just to see them and only them. Except construction made me miss them =(

btw if money gets too tight i might not go to the Helloween/Gamma Ray concert.
since this tour is on the same day in Detroit and I haven't seen Eluveite yet
Though if i do get enough money i could see both concerts in Chicago