katatonia cover contest

ether

°°§°°
Jan 14, 2002
Visit site
Which song won the contest?
I know the contest is over....but me and some friends were thinking of making a Katatonia cover...so what about a new contest?

The contest was held well over a year ago. Thus the results and information about it was taken down long ago - this is no recent thing.. just interest in it has again seemed to surface.

A nice guy has volunteered some space, so you will be able to download a file containing all the contest entries from a link at katatonia.com shortly. Unfortunately I don't remember or have documented who all did each song, but the winner was a version of Teargas with a strong country-slant.. got to hear it to understand!

As far as a future contest.. well, yes I am interested in doing another one if I see significant interest from fans in it. However the first one took an enormous amount of time and resources to put on, so it's not worth the time if there is only a luke-warm response..

Originally posted by yourdeadgroom
I'd be into a new comp- I've actually been thinking of just doing a cover and posting it here, for the hell of it (we've done it a couple of times over on the Swano board, it's quite fun) :)

...this'll be good for a laugh... :p

Just kidding!

Has anyone here already downloaded the file?
I had terrible problems to download it, when it was at 51 % it just stopped and it said " there was a fault, can't perceed", hmm, anyone of you had the same problem???

I've just downloaded all the songs! Some of them are really good, it's very nice to have them. I thought of the same titles when thinking about the possibility of making a cover...strange!Perhaps some songs are more suitable than others!

Originally posted by requiem
...this'll be good for a laugh...
You'll keep boy, you'll keep. One of these days....... :mad:

;)

Actually, this may be good for a laugh:
http://home.nikocity.de/hel/AllIsSaid.MP3
My cover of an EOS song, originally on the Swano forum. There's even me growling :eek: Dunno how long Unicorn is gonna keep it on his site, but it seems to be working at the moment, so hey...

Me and a bunch of friends decided to do a cover... It'll be a surprise on which song we'll do... you'll find out when i'll put a link for you to download... Prepare to be surprised... Even if the contest won't be held we'll still do this.. for fun, tribute and the katatonia fans :)

Jesse:

The Entity would very much participate with a song.
Always wanted to do a different version of a Katatonia song.;)

Just have to tell the others....hehe
Suppose they agree.

It would be nice to have a new cover thing going.

Btw. How do I get hold of Daylight Dies?

Originally posted by yourdeadgroom
You'll keep boy, you'll keep. One of these days....... :mad:

;)

Actually, this may be good for a laugh:
http://home.nikocity.de/hel/AllIsSaid.MP3
My cover of an EOS song, originally on the Swano forum. There's even me growling :eek: Dunno how long Unicorn is gonna keep it on his site, but it seems to be working at the moment, so hey...

yourdeadgroom growling? that sounds interesting.