Katatonia highlighted on Itunes

MiniMoose

Apr 22, 2008
This is what the Itunes Notes says (never seen itunes notes before...butbut..)
Can't copy paste it so I'll have to write it down here:

"While celebrating the debut of Black Sabbath this week, we thought it was a good idea to highlight a strong new metal album. Katatonia from Sweden started off as a death metal band but developed into a group that combines symphonic rock from early days of Pink Floyd with elements from more melodic bands like Opeth or Anathema. Don't expect metal riffs or blast beats but be prepared for trip-hop beats, mellotrons and acoustic guitars thrown into a pool of dark and deep doom metal."

Hope this is a breakthrough for the guys...never expected to see this..

I like that. I think it's a great way to introduce the band- most people get turned off when they hear "metal", especially "Death" and "Doom", and the way itunes describes their unique sound, I think, is perfect for the more rock oriented listener who may not have checked katatonia out had they not read something like this.

I like that. I think it's a great way to introduce the band- most people get turned off when they hear "metal", especially "Death" and "Doom", and the way itunes describes their unique sound, I think, is perfect for the more rock oriented listener who may not have checked katatonia out had they not read something like this.

Exactly!
It's very refreshing to see I think.

haha that's exactly what I was thinkin too :D

Heh, yea..I hope they did, cause it means that they actually are beginning to realize that they actually have a brilliant band that actually needs to be taken better care of.

I've recently met several older guys who suddenly have opened their ears to Katatonia (meaning 50 years +). That still blows my mind...they say "it's a bit too heavy maybe...but it's good stuff"

Of course..younger guys might think.."god, they're not heavy enough..old people are listening to it!"

But..as I say..and probably a lot of others "good music fits all ages..."
I don't really believe that either..but I like saying it though.

hi everyone ...

I have a connection issue with itunes that my AOL account is not verified by the apple and I can not DL anything ... can you send me katatonia app. via e-mail ... I love to have katatonia app. on my springboard ;) ... tnx anyway.