News on the next Katatonia album

Ormir

Oct 11, 2001
Espoo, Finland
From the Katatonia deadsite:

Here's guitarist Anders to deliver the goods on the commenced album making -- "Our process of writing/pre-producing the new album has started to take off well now. This nocturnal obediance has left us with about 12 tracks so far, of which some are already complete and some are still being purged and thrown around. We hope to be able to record around 15 songs of which about 10-11 should land on the album."

Anders continues, "As for speculations on what the new album will sound like, we can confirm that the people who guessed it would be HARDER & DARKER were correct, yes that's right! Katatonia are NOT taking a softer turn, as this is by far the most hard material we've ever written, but make no mistake, it does NOT link to a "back to the roots" retrospect. Getting into details, I could mention that an overall upbeat pace has been applied to the main songs, we've dropped tuning from D# to C, more arrangements go beyond the repeated verse/chorus chain and even a few double bass drums parts appear!!! As for the synth/electronic part, there's been some strings, piano and mellotrone used as well as a few incorporated loops, but its not dominating, whats dominating are the crushing guitars, the real deal drums and the vocal patterns. Stay tuned..."

This actually sounds very interesting. If the new album sounds anything like that description, I'm sure it will be great.

Katatonia are so much fun, aren't they! Waiting and wondering what it will be like..

I'm sure whatever they do, it'll be amazing.

I am sitting here with my jaw open :OMG:

I don't really care if they get heavier or softer, but damn that sounds interesting!!!!

And this "vocal patterns" thing, what do you take that to mean? Every band I've heard use that term are referring to growls (where the pattern is the important part, rather than the melody, which there is none ;)). :err: Surely not, I thought Jonas thought growling was bollocks........

I'm not sure my heart can take this, yesterday it's the Bloodbath promo, now this :eek: Too much excitement, damn it!!!

my god it's just like the in flames forum in here....

except different in every way i could possibly imagine.

i think this thread is too optimistic for a katatonia forum though. how about this:

if the new katatonia album isn't as good as you're all promising then i will hang myself. and it will be your fault for getting my hopes up.

there that's more like it :)

Maybe Katatonia will be oh so kind and post a "hidden" link to some demo's of their new material? Morgion did that at their message board...

Oh and by the way, Morgion's new album is going to be AWESOME!!!

The date hasn't been posted for when they will be done yet. They finally got another website back online and I believe the webmaster is Gary Griffith.

www.morgion.com

If you want to hear the new demo songs, just click on every link until you find it. They were meant only for the doom-metal.com forum members, so I can't just give it away to anyone :D If you really want to hear them, look around on the Morgion discussion board...