Katatonia/Moonspell at the Pearl Room 11/28

Osiris' Eyes

El Duderino
Jan 18, 2006
Windy City
Hey...just a shout out to those attending the Katatonia/Moonspell concert at the Pearl Room in Chicago (actually Mokena) Saturday, October 28. Anybody going? I'm meeting up w/ a couple of ProgPower veterans from Michigan. I'm psyched to finally see Katatonia...I was at the BWBK show a couple of years ago in Cleveland when they played, but due to a story which is way too long, I had to leave and missed them before they took the stage. I'm not the biggest fan of their latest release but looking forward to hear some of the classics from Discouraged Ones, Tonight's Decision, and Last Fair Deal...maybe even something from brave murder day? :headbang: Hope to see ya'll there...I'm sure I'll be the only one wearing a Jorn shirt.

Peace out...the dude abides.

If you've got any energy left after this show, don't leave the complex. Head to The Colosseum room for Kings of the Nighttime World, the midwest's hottest Kiss tribute, playing until 1:30 or 2 am...

I'll be the one wearing the dragon boots...

(shameless plug mode off)

I just got back from the Detroit installment of this tour. It was a good time, though painfully obvious the crowd (and me) were there specifically for Katatonia. Daylight Dies was impressive and I hadn't heard them before. I wonder if Daylight Dies and Katatonia were confused by the crowd cheering at odd times during their songs - namely whenever the Tigers did someting good on the TVs. Katatonia ruled at any rate and everybody loved them. Moonspell was interesting, but I'm not going to start getting their albums. I think they tried to delay Moonspell's coming out on stage so that the World Series could finish, but after the whole intro tape played twice they had to get the band out there. We lost at the beginning of their second song. The turnout was better than some other recent shows at that venue which was pleasant. I don't know if any ProgPower veterans were at this one though (other than me).

Thanks man...very happy to see that both Katatonia and Moonspell play a sampling of their entire catalogue. Great review and pics...can't wait to see 'em!!!