Katatonia @ Sumer Breeze Festival

Dora

Apr 20, 2003
USA
hi, guys.. I'm planning to go there.. I'm already excited while checking the online route planner.. :) So. Do you know this festival? Is it good? How about the place, anything to know? Cheap, clean, nice..?
I didn't find detailed program on the official site www.summer-breeze.de but I think they play on saturday (22th August).
Are there several stages or one? will they play as a main thing? in evening ? or afternoon.. I hope it will be a good and long show..

btw, campingplatztickets are 10 € per car and 10 per person, .. what if I want only parking and no camping? (as going for only one show)..

(we can keep this thread also for the reviews..)

Hi! I've been there last year. It was the first time I were on a festival, but it was worth the long journey and every Cent. Cool atmosphere, very nice people, 2 Stages (Main Stage and Pain Stage). The camping side is too far away from the festival area. 20 Minutes by feet, but there are Shuttle busses, what bring the people there every half hour. Every band played around 30 Minutes, some up to 1 hour I think. Paradise Lost, Flowing Tears, Sentenced and The Gathering were the reasons I went there last year. Katatonia would be one too, but around the same time they play here in Austria on the "Metalfest Vienna", so I think there won't be much reasons to go to the Summerbreeze this year. But as I said, it was very cool! We had a great time there. Maybe 2004 I'll be there too again! :)

thanks..

I hope now Katatonia is a kind of band that plays an hour on main stage and not less!

sounds cool! I'm planning to go there as well. It would be nice to find a meeting point for the ones of the UM community, what do you think?

Dora said:
I hope now Katatonia is a kind of band that plays an hour on main stage and not less!

On Metalmania, Poland they played only 30 minutes. But they were the first band in "foreign section", so..
Anyways, I still think it's much much better to see them in a small club. Intimacy, you know.. hehe. But I'm pretty sure, you'll have a nice time.

I'd love to visit Wacken this year with my MUM, 'cos her fav grandpas Running Wilders gonna be there. And Sentenced, Testament, Raise Hell,.. But damn.. money. I need to move. Norway sounds encouraging.

I prefer clubs too, but no choice.. I'm not even sure if they play again this year.. writing new album and such..
Anyway, I'd like to meet you guys who go there, and I also need to find out how we can meet the band (because of that "kfuck" thing..)

I am going to the Summer Breeze! It would be cool to meet some of you people there!
I've been there last year and liked it very much. Musically one of my favourite festivals last year. And if Katatonia play this year it will be even better. Already last year I thought that they would fit in perfectly. Let's hope they are not "sick" anymore by the end of august.
I've been at the I- Wood last weekend and it was really great, lots of interesting bands. Katatonia would have been the highlight, but even without them it was worth beeing there.

OK.. just dont forget to look into this thread around middle of august and we'll find out how to meet.. I try to get to know what time they play until then.. Do anyone know? I hope they'll play as a main band.
Maybe those who were there last year can recommend a proper meeting point in the village or festival area...?

Well, I don't know whether the festival area will be exactly the same as last year. But one thing I know is that "Oidium Comics" will be there again because a friend of mine is doing that. So maybe we could meet at his place? I'll be hanging around there anyway... As there will be only one, it should be easy to find (I mean easier than something like cocktailbar or merchandise 'cause there might be many). What do you think? Any other ideas?

do you go for 3 days or only one? I still wanna know when they start .. What's this Comics thing?
We can tell each others' mobile numbers. Those who let me know, send me in private and I tell mine. How can we recognize each other? by avatars? :D

katatonia will definetly NOT play as headliner whether on the main or the pain stage..

main stage would be in flames, krokus, j.b.o and meshuggah.. they'll play longer. the rest will play 30-45mins i guess..

and children of bodom is headlining the pain stage together with within temptetion, amon amarth..

but i'm just speculating. :loco:

oh and i just read that there are intern band problems.. so i dare to say that they gonna cancel al their gigs this year..

On the official summer breeze site katatonia is not among the bands list anymore...so I presume their gig has been cancelled, or what?
Why no updates on the Katatonia official site????

ether said:
On the official summer breeze site katatonia is not among the bands list anymore...so I presume their gig has been cancelled, or what?
Why no updates on the Katatonia official site????

SHIT!!!!!:yell:

this was written in the forum by staff:
"KATATONIA haben leider auch das SUMMER BREEZE Open Air abgesagt. Die Band steht momentan angeblich kurz vor der Auflösung.
Wir versuchen bereits einen würdigen Ersatz zu finden, und werden diesen schnellstmöglich präsentieren." which is..
"Katatonia unfortunatelly cancelled their show also at Summer-Breeze. For the moment the band is supposedly before dissolution.".....sorry my german is weak

This whole thing about Katatonia cancelling all the festivals and having tensions within the band is beginning to suck, really.
Why can't one of the guys or one from the management tell us what's going on with the band at present?!

:(