Total fiasco for Katatonia

Status
Not open for further replies.
yes i agree what a bunch of wankers for letting their fans down.. I thought we buy their CD's and stuff to prevent them from having this attitude! (rather than obtaining them via other methods!)

I can really understand the anger of the fans who have been there....I mean you travel for hours and spend a lot of money to see your favourite band and then this shit......but I don´t want to condemn Katatonia for not playing without knowing their side of the story.
I am sure that they had more reasons than just not beeing paid. I hope we´ll get to hear their statement soon.

strangedays said:
yes i agree what a bunch of wankers for letting their fans down..
Stop there buddy not that far!!I'm sure there are reasonable things if they did it,we all know that they haven't been in this for so many years just for money...

strangedays said:
yes i agree what a bunch of wankers for letting their fans down.. I thought we buy their CD's and stuff to prevent them from having this attitude! (rather than obtaining them via other methods!)

Instead of making personal attacks based on pure hearsay and rumor, why don't you wait until this can be explained -- from the source -- at a later time? Continued personal insults are not going to be tolerated. Nobody except the band and those directly involved in the tour know the reasons behind this situation.

jesse said:
Instead of making personal attacks based on pure hearsay and rumor, why don't you wait until this can be explained -- from the source -- at a later time? Continued personal insults are not going to be tolerated. Nobody except the band and those directly involved in the tour know the reasons behind this situation.
good to see you here to prevent people some from going too far:kickass:

Whatever the reason was, generally speaking I think a band should always realize is that there are fans who have sometimes travelled very far to see their favourite band (maybe for the first time). And the first and foremost reason for bands to tour is the interaction with fans and the reward/respect you get from them.

There were there anyway, so the expenses had been made regardless if they would play or not. It's the credibility towards your fans that's at stake. So, a band should always think twice before cancelling a gig because of promotor fuck-ups.

But as said, I'm curious to hear the band's side of the story.

the mourner13 said:
Stop there buddy not that far!!I'm sure there are reasonable things if they did it,we all know that they haven't been in this for so many years just for money...

If a band eventually after all the expenses, plays a show for free that's admirable.but when a band has financial loss from a gig then the hell with everyone...if they do the show the fans are the only ones that are actually gonna be happy.this situation can create a precedent for other promoters to have their way with the band and eventually financially ruin them completely.

strangedays said:

I agree with Jesse......as I said earlier in this thread it will be explained......I know the Katatonia guys well enough to know they arent some rockstar assholes....so watch you fuckin mouth.....because when they get on here and tell it like it happened you gonna feel stupid for saying such things.....you dont even know what happened and arent giving them a chance to talk about it before bashing them........way to go....
playing live for their fans is the reward for their hard work......I dont think this wont have a good explanation........

i Agree with the two sies of this story, but i have to say, that katatonia owe themselves to the fans, they are where they are because we fans buy their cds, because we apreciate their music, i know dignity should be above all, but as someone said, fans are not guilty of the crappy music business that anders talk about, we fans just travel miles and miles to see them and dont care for other stuff, kind of egoism, but its tghe truth, they should have kick their asses into the stage and show the world katatonia its all about the music and their fans, of course money its important, but it would have been just so nice and cool to demonstrate the fans "HEY GUYS WE'RE HERE FOR YOU NO MATTER WHAT THIS BASTARDS DID TO US" ....well, after all its just my opinion, that a band should satisfy their fans, dont take me wrong, nothing like sellin out, or giving crap of their integrity as a band, but for the sake of music...im not saying either they are a bunch of rockstars that ignore their fans, but i just imagine myself, traveling to europe from mexico just to attend that gig, and getting out soooooo disapointed.

Status
Not open for further replies.