Bands for a katatonia fan

qweac

Awesome Member!
Jun 10, 2004
I love Katatonia, and other bands like them.

So I was wondering if anyone could recommend me some bands? some bands that sounds like katatonia or some of these bands:

Katatonia
Thine
Greyswan
Anathema
Room With A view
Novembre
Agalloch

I know there already is an old thread pretty like this on the forum already, but I need more bands :Smug:

Please recommend me some will ya?

Thanx for the suggestions, but I know them all :S

Anyeone else?

hmmm

I have never heard of either Riverside or Porcupine Tree :)

Thnx a lot. I have listened to some samples and both bands seems to be excatly what im looking for :D

Any other suggestions? I could always use some more.......

I find that there are few bands that make me feel like katatonia does, but here are mine.
Porcupine tree
Red house painters
jeff buckley
Arab strap (sometimes)

I especially recommend red house painters for depression and loss of relationships etc. Youll want to kill yourself eventually, its good fun.

bands that sound like katatonia:

Daylight Dies, Rapture, Forgotten Tomb (their album 'songs to leave') and october tide (of course!) there are more i can't think of right now

other melencholic bands I've been listening to lately
As Divine Grace (extremely underated!), Decoryah (finnish new age metal, absolutely wonderful) The Wounded (band i recently discovered sound very anathema-like, only a lot more goth)

Thanks for many good recomendations :D

I found many of the bands very intresting, but I also found many of the bands way to non metal for my likening.

And please give me more......

Fragile Hollow is a really underated goth metal band, they are something like To/Die/For although I find their release alot better, you can hear subtle hints of katatonia in there, members from Rapture are in it

Try Rain Paint also, you'll like them if you're into Opeth, katatonia and Doom in general, very good stuff, the same guy from Rapture and Fragile Hollow, this guy is good!

Here are some:

Avec Tristesse
Blazing Eternity
Blu Infinito
Forest Of Shadows
Memoria
Scythe
Ebola Joy
The Old Dead Tree
The Entity
Klimt 1918
Desolate Ways
Dark Suns
Aurora
On Thorns I Lay
Rain Paint
Manes
Let Me Dream
Elysium
Ejecucion
Yearning

---------------------------

Hope these help.

Lion in a Cage said:
Here are some:

Avec Tristesse
Blazing Eternity
Blu Infinito
Forest Of Shadows
Memoria
Scythe
Ebola Joy
The Old Dead Tree
The Entity
Klimt 1918
Desolate Ways
Dark Suns
Aurora
On Thorns I Lay
Rain Paint
Manes
Let Me Dream
Elysium
Ejecucion
Yearning

---------------------------

Hope these help.
Any of those resemble the "new" Katatonia?