Bands for a katatonia fan

try the albums 'total' and 'metropolis' from the norwegian band Seigmen. The lyrics are in norwegian though

Eversion said:
I demand you guys check out Earthtone 9. They are my favorite band and I don't know why anyone here wouldn't like them. They have a bit more metal bite so they probably seem to have the Viva Emptiness sound, but they have vocal/guitar melodies to die for. Check out this song:

http://www.et9evo.iofm.net/site/mp3/tattwamasi.mp3

Whoah mate, they are amazing,:headbang: I really like the sample song.
Thanks
Cheers.:wave:

Check out Gary Jules if any of you are into easier listening stuff----
He did the remake of Tears For Fears "Madworld" for the movie Donnie Darko. I like that song alot as well as a few others I have found by him. Definately for fans of bands like Red House Painters etc.
Just a thought :Spin:

Falconspirit said:
Whoah mate, they are amazing,:headbang: I really like the sample song.
Thanks
Cheers.:wave:

Fucking ace, I'm glad someone here checked them out :) . I love them, they are the biggest influence to me when it comes to music, up there with Tool. If you can find them on whatever download programs, try getting the songs "Binary 101" or "Revelation", but personally I don't know of one bad song...

Eversion said:
Fucking ace, I'm glad someone here checked them out :) . I love them, they are the biggest influence to me when it comes to music, up there with Tool. If you can find them on whatever download programs, try getting the songs "Binary 101" or "Revelation", but personally I don't know of one bad song...

:) I'll deffo do that mate, thanks again for the recommendations.
Cheers.

Here's a great band from Finland, which will appeal to fans of Katatonia, check it out!

Subaudition: Acoustic based emotional flow from Finland

After releasing their first highly-acclaimed debut demo in the beginning of 2004, Subaudition is now back. The material on the new-born album, The Scope, could be described as a mixture of Pink Floyd, Anathema, Katatonia, Opeth (mostly Damnation), Sigur Rós and Tenhi with some post rock-ish guitar parts present occasionally as well as a hint of classical influences noticeable in the piano parts. In other words, Subaudition have created a piece of beautiful, serene music which has its basis on acoustic guitars and piano with electric guitars and emotional vocals appearing in suitable amounts.

Samples of the songs on this self-financed full-length can now be downloaded at the band's new website www.subaudition.cjb.net (discography, The Scope section) and whilst you're there, check out the rest of the site as well. Feedback, may it be pleasant enough for us or not, is always welcome. Surely some of you will want to get hold of the demo immediately and the address to direct your order is sub_audition@hotmail.com the price (including shipping throughout the world) being 10 euros.

Russell / UltimateMetal.Com comments on our debut demo:
Finnish duo Subaudition play minimalistic, acoustic and highly atmospheric, mood-driven music.Formed by Antti Korpinen and Roope Niemelä of unsigned progmetallers Manifold Object this project is a vehicle for their unplugged/classically influenced compositions. Acoustic guitars, clarinetand strings are all used to great effect, creating serene melodies, while the sound remains varied, despite at-times slightly formulaic songs. This isn’t a problem, as the duo’s formula is highly successful, and the pieces are all tranquil and memorable. Further diversity is added by glistening electric guitars, often reminiscent of Pink Floyd. Two piano-only instrumentals have a score-like quality, reminding me of Yann Tiersen’s piano pieces for Amelie. Occasional singing is fitting (if sometimes slightly off-key), with impressive range, while layering makes for more complex compositions.
There is no percussion at all on this promo, which works well with the slow, considered pieces. The production is good for demo, the sounds are clean instruments well balanced. This is a very promising release, my only major complaint being the length; I would like to hear more to get a better idea of
the pair’s music. Waves At Ease is likely to appeal to fans of (later) Anathema, Sigur Rós and Pink Floyd, and fans of peaceful music. I look forward to hearing further releases to see how the band develop, and whether their music can remain as effective on a full-length. An excellent debut...

discouraged1 said:
slowdive - anything/everything from them. souvlaki is probably the best.

isis - panopticon is essential for every katatonia fan.

Totally agreed. Isis are fucking amazing.

If you're into Isis/Neurosis/Katatonia, you should also check out Cult Of Luna. Very dark and immense, but can also be very beautiful at times.

Eversion said:
Totally agreed. Isis are fucking amazing.

If you're into Isis/Neurosis/Katatonia, you should also check out Cult Of Luna. Very dark and immense, but can also be very beautiful at times.

i know CoL. i thought The Beyond was very very good, but i just cannot let my ears off Salvation! a great album!

have you heard of Jesu? a new band of Justin Broadrick. check out the Heartache EP, the title track is awesome.

cheerz

so many bands here to check out! I discovered some interestig stuff though!

@discouraged1, I really liked both bands in your signature!