Katatonia Tour Archive

Migs

Friday the 13th addict
Jul 6, 2004
Rome,Italy
Where can I find a complete list of Katatonia tour dates from the early days and the respective live line-ups?

Thanx!

Migs said:
Where can I find a complete list of Katatonia tour dates from the early days and the respective live line-ups?

Thanx!

i happen to have some of this written down, so here ya go.... notice we didnt play often back then... selective shit...

1992:
?, Bro, Sweden (with Disharmonic Orchestra, Hypocrisy, Internal Decay, A Canarous Quintet)

1993:
Vita huset, Huddinge, Sweden (with Unanimated)
Elverket, Lidingö, Sweden (with Internal Decay, Devoured)
?, Norrköping Sweden

1994:
Galaxen, Umeå, Sweden (with Dissection, Naglfar)
?, Karlstad, Sweden (with Ancient, Swordmaster, Gehennah)
Folkets Hus, Sundbyberg, Sweden (with At The Gates, A Canarous Quintet)

1996:
European tour (with In The Woods, Voice of Destruction)

1997:
?, Västerås, Sweden (with Sacramentum, The Crown, Soulreaper, Throneaeon)

1991-92 LIVE LINE-UP:
Anders Nyström - guitars and bass
Jonas Renkse - drums and vocals
Guillaume Le Huche - bass
Daniel ? (session guitars)

1993-95 LIVE LINE-UP:
Anders Nyström - guitars and vocals
Jonas Renkse - drums
Guillaume Le Huche - bass

Kristian Pook (session guitars)
Mikael Åkerfeldt (session guitars)
Viktor Takala (session guitars)

1996 LIVE LINE-UP:
Anders Nyström - guitars, vocals
Jonas Renkse - drums, vocals
Fredrik Norrman - guitars
Mikael Oretoft (session bass)
Kenneth Englund (session drums)

1997 LIVE LINE-UP:
Anders Nyström - guitars, bass
Mikael Oretoft - bass
Mikael Åkerfeldt (session vocals)

Thanx Blakkheim, I've been searching the whole web for this infos!
very kind from you, I appreciated!:)

Wow!
I've watched a video of a concert in 93. it was black and white and in a bad quallity. the camera was filming from the right side of the stage.. I think it was you, Anders, who was standing just beside the camera, but I couldn't understand who was the vocal/guitars.. he sounded like Jonas but did he ever play guitar and do the vocals :) (I know I am asking too many questions :( )

m0rtis said:
Wow!
I've watched a video of a concert in 93. it was black and white and in a bad quallity. the camera was filming from the right side of the stage.. I think it was you, Anders, who was standing just beside the camera, but I couldn't understand who was the vocal/guitars.. he sounded like Jonas but did he ever play guitar and do the vocals :) (I know I am asking too many questions :( )

that would be the norrköping gig. the guy next to camera is mike åkerfeldt on guitar, i'm doing guitar/vox, le huche on bass, renkse on drums. i still remember this show very well cuz there was almost no action, not even applauzez which triggered mike to go "dya want any more? i said dya WANT anymore? well, DYA want any more?? then start clapping for fukkz zake" hahaha... classic moment!

ahahaha yeah I've noticed that :), couple of guys at the front headbanging all together.. trying to adapt the rhtym changes :) (looks like they are your friends :) ) and some other guys (looks like the owners of that place) standing at the back, straring at the stage and looking like saying "wtf are these guys doing!?" :) euheuh old gigs are nice :headbang:

An old clasmate of mine´s friend played drums in Internal Decay.
My copy of Jem is purchased from anders at the Lidingö gig in 93.

I would have been so tr00 if it only had ben me who purchased it from him...

Internal decay is a cool band though.
and my old musicteacher sings opera on their album.

Hobo said:
An old clasmate of mine´s friend played drums in Internal Decay.
My copy of Jem is purchased from anders at the Lidingö gig in 93.

I would have been so tr00 if it only had ben me who purchased it from him...

Internal decay is a cool band though.
and my old musicteacher sings opera on their album.

ah that ´s really cool!:headbang:

but how many musicians are here in Stockholm? It´s amazing..all the people I got to know in the last three days play in a band (more or less famous...)! Now I feel I want to play in a band too!

and that´s a very nice and interesting list of all the past gigs...maybe these info should be on the official forum together with a complete list of kata gigs?
how cool to read names like huddinge, lidingö, etc ha ha I whish they made another "Stockholms län" minitour again..ha ha think how many times I could see them without having to spend so much money on travels! but ok I´m just joking:) now they should begin to tour America and other continents...

Blakkheim said:
yes once, jonas did the drums/vox for the song "in silence enshrined" at:

1994:
Galaxen, Umeå, Sweden (with Dissection, Naglfar)

1997 LIVE LINE-UP:
Mikael Oretoft - bass

so.. what happened here ?

FatefuL said:
1997 LIVE LINE-UP:
Mikael Oretoft - bass

so.. what happened here ?

1997:
July, Bryggargården, Västerås, Sweden (with Sacramentum, The Crown, Cardinal Sin, Throneaeon)

Jinn said:
Has there been any thought of Katatonia doing either a Diabolical Masquerade song or an October Tide song during a gig?

a diabolical masquerade song wouldnt fit, from both ends. an october tide song? sure, fine by me, but before that we've lots of older katatonia songs that are more important and more fit. why cross the river... or something...hahah!

Blakkheim said:
1997:
July, Bryggargården, Västerås, Sweden (with Sacramentum, The Crown, Cardinal Sin, Throneaeon)

Interesting, I had no idea that you actually played a gig in '97. And with Åkerfeldt as singer! That would make for a classic bootleg.:cool: I suppose with Åkerfeldt on vocals you didn't play any new (= Discouraged Ones) material at that show, right?

the_joy_of_grief said:
Interesting, I had no idea that you actually played a gig in '97. And with Åkerfeldt as singer! That would make for a classic bootleg.:cool: I suppose with Åkerfeldt on vocals you didn't play any new (= Discouraged Ones) material at that show, right?

right!
that setlist that night mostly contained pretty much the whole bmd album and one or two songs of fftc/dods.
i think the owner of zenor records filmed it. have to track him down to find out... quite a classic gig, considering its the only with mike on vocals thruout the entire set...