Katatonia Tour Archive

cool that u've come twice in my hometown, Rome! Last time I had to go before the encores, because my girlfriend wasn't feeling good...

Blakkheim said:
a 21 year old hungry young man!

Why hungry, didn´t you like the Italian food?:p :p Ah 21 years old, yes time goes by...but don´t worry you are only 23 now:)

ok...sorry...mhh, however this gig with Micke in 1997 must be really a cult! What about getting this film and putting it on the dvd? Maybe only some parts, but it would be really interesting to see a documentary including some extracts from your old-era gigs...
And..I´ve always been wondering what happened to Jonas during this tour, did he catch a flu, lost his voice (but in this case he could have played drums), was he seriously sick? Strange, but in all the gigs in 1996 that I ´ve seen so far (I mean bootlegs and photos) Jonas is never there... How many gigs did he perform?
I´d just be so curious to see him singing back in 1996.

Blakkheim said:
a diabolical masquerade song wouldnt fit, from both ends. an october tide song? sure, fine by me, but before that we've lots of older katatonia songs that are more important and more fit. why cross the river... or something...hahah!

True true...

I don't know about everyone else, but I personally would LOVE an American Tour with a mixed setlist of old and new era songs + an October Tide song off of Rain Without End.... or maybe two tours at different times during the year... one tour has an old era setlist and the other has a new era setlist?

ether said:
Why hungry, didn´t you like the Italian food?:p :p Ah 21 years old, yes time goes by...but don´t worry you are only 23 now:)

ok...sorry...mhh, however this gig with Micke in 1997 must be really a cult! What about getting this film and putting it on the dvd? Maybe only some parts, but it would be really interesting to see a documentary including some extracts from your old-era gigs...
And..I´ve always been wondering what happened to Jonas during this tour, did he catch a flu, lost his voice (but in this case he could have played drums), was he seriously sick? Strange, but in all the gigs in 1996 that I ´ve seen so far (I mean bootlegs and photos) Jonas is never there... How many gigs did he perform?
I´d just be so curious to see him singing back in 1996.

jonas performed the vocals on the first two gigs of that tour, then he lost his voice due to combination of flu and inability to perform that style of vocals. he played drums on the 2-3 gigs after that, but then decided to go back home since he didnt recover well. our tour bus didnt have any heat cuz it was broken (your breath turned to smoke) and u had to sleep with your jacket on etc...harsch times!!!

Jinn said:
True true...

I don't know about everyone else, but I personally would LOVE an American Tour with a mixed setlist of old and new era songs + an October Tide song off of Rain Without End.... or maybe two tours at different times during the year... one tour has an old era setlist and the other has a new era setlist?

Agreed!

It would be awesome to hear more old songs at concerts. Not just the usual! I'd like to hear more songs from 'The discouraged ones'! :)
Anyway, I don't think anyone here prefers the setlist to be predictable...

Ok! Enough with whining and bitching! :D

Thanx for all that interesting info Anders! You rule!

Blakkheim said:
our tour bus didnt have any heat cuz it was broken (your breath turned to smoke) and u had to sleep with your jacket on etc...harsch times!!!

Haha....I wouldnt say I had the same experience....because I was in a van with 4 huge tattooes fatasses....hot as hell....trying to sleep....and oh god the smell of those guys....I mean...they were my friends and all....but they stunk sooo bad....like old alcohol and unwashed ass....kind of like someone shit their pants and then dumped a pint of vodka in it....then sat so close to you that it was overflowing out of their pants onto you......and I was the little guy in the band....so I had to sit between them.......haha...other than that it was awesome....nothing like bein on the road.....even if it was just for a short amount of time.....

Deliverance6 said:
Haha....I wouldnt say I had the same experience....because I was in a van with 4 huge tattooes fatasses....hot as hell....trying to sleep....and oh god the smell of those guys....I mean...they were my friends and all....but they stunk sooo bad....like old alcohol and unwashed ass....kind of like someone shit their pants and then dumped a pint of vodka in it....then sat so close to you that it was overflowing out of their pants onto you......and I was the little guy in the band....so I had to sit between them.......haha...other than that it was awesome....nothing like bein on the road.....even if it was just for a short amount of time.....

man... In that case, I'll go with Anders and the freezing tour bus!!! :zombie: