Katatonia - Viva Emptiness

Mariner: Get a taste for it from the ep, then obsess over the album when you get it from your local hisch-hasch-dealer... err... recordstore?! :D

Intet; I get your point there about momentum. Katatonia operate by the verse / chorus / verse... - concept. Building up the songs to a crescendo and then full stop. I guess you either like it or not... It's not really SUPER innovative, but it's definitely okay!!! The vocals are pretty "the same" as the last release, yet more "spunk" this time.

About the link, msg me in private about that. (for vbr)

...and I do hear similar stuff from certain nu-metal bands in this ep. Call me whacky! :D

CHeck that fuckeRRRRR!!!!! He went too farrrrrrr!!! ;) (if you listen to these songs you'll understand the "joke")

Actually I can't the song "serious" because of this!!! *argh - still smiling* :D

CHeck the CHicken if it's CHeeky :D

Originally posted by soulmuh
Actually I never considered Katatonia's music to be aspecially "hard" to get into. Quite straight and direct music / lyrics. It's not Karlheinz Stockhausen or anything like that, even though I'm sure that those guys saw their helicopters.

Yes I know it's quite straight music and not 'hard', that wasn't my point. For me atleast the two latest albums required quite a few spins before I got into them, found the great songs etc. Those albums didn't make go apeshit the first time I listened to them, you know. So I suppose this new stuff is just the same for me, atleast that's what I thought when I heard those three songs..

It was interesting and definitely heavier than LFDGD, but it didn't strike me as anything brilliant or groundbreaking at first. I'll have to listen to the 3 songs again and just wait for the full album to come out so I can judge it fully. I am looking forward to the full album and think I'll like it as a whole better than LFDGD. Nothing tops Brave Murder Day for me, though. :)

Originally posted by OpethianSoul
It was interesting and definitely heavier than LFDGD, but it didn't strike me as anything brilliant or groundbreaking at first. I'll have to listen to the 3 songs again and just wait for the full album to come out so I can judge it fully. I am looking forward to the full album and think I'll like it as a whole better than LFDGD. Nothing tops Brave Murder Day for me, though. :)
better then LFDGD but worser then BMD. impossible from my point of view.

i heard LFDGD yesterday and i can say i didn't like it more than DO. renkse's vox are a bit wierd and not really nice this time and the band is definitely "happier". not that that is bad but i can't say the whole album is such a big deal. sweet nurse was cool and tonight's decision. but still DO is better i think.

Originally posted by sol83
i heard LFDGD yesterday and i can say i didn't like it more than DO. renkse's vox are a bit wierd and not really nice this time and the band is definitely "happier". not that that is bad but i can't say the whole album is such a big deal. sweet nurse was cool and tonight's decision. but still DO is better i think.

You mean tonight's music? Oh, and give it a few more spins. LFDGD didn't sound really great to me the first time I listened to it. It has grown on me since, but I got a bit bored 'cause I played it over and over again.

yeah, tonight's music that is, i got confused with the album title... teargas is nice too and chrome. still, the vocals are a bit wierd this time...

Crack Hitler:

Jah man! But if the music is "simple", what's so hard about "getting into it" quickly :confused:

Anyways, check out the band Delaware, if you didn't.
I've heard the song "Crevice" and it's really good!
(I babbled about this band in another post btw) :D

Viva the guide to write gothic lyrics!!!! :D
(dark, star, blood, love - combine them to create astonishing poetry)

:cry: I'm so deep that I weep... under the eternal stars, toniiiiiiiight

Just heard "Ghost Of The Sun" - you're right about that nu metal feeling - the sound is great, but the music reminds a bit of "Tonight's decision" which i don't like very much... but i still like that song, there's some good melody, hope the rest of the songs will be like that too, except for the jumpy nu metal rhythms!! :lol:

I don't object to the "jumpy nu-metal rythms" in their new work. :Smug:

The seed for it was there in their last release, so...