Kaufbeuren show/New DVD release date

Karsten

Oct 3, 2002
Visit site
Hi there,

I'm in a bit of a hurry but here's the setlist for the show last night in Kaufbeuren:

Saxon@Zeppelinhalle Kaufbeuren (Germany) April 3rd 2003
-------------------------------------------------------

Heavy Metal Thunder
Killing Ground
Still fit to Boogie
Court of the Crimson King
Motorcycle Man
Cut out the Disease
Broken Heroes
20.000 feet
Metalhead
Strong Arm of the Law
Dogs of War
Solid Ball of Rock
Battle Cry (with Fritz drum solo)
The Eagle has landed
Requiem (We will remember)
Princess of the Night
-------------------
Crusader
Denim and Leather
-------------------
Wheels of Steel
-------------------
Dallas 1 p.m.

Total 135min

Pretty standard setlist in comparison with the first part of the HMT tour, good start of the 2nd leg I'd say....nice to see the title tracks of the last two albums included again in the set.

During the rather long soundcheck (some 75minutes) they played some great new riffs and parts of what eventually will become some new songs for the upcoming album....I especially remember one riff line by Doug which I considered unbelievably great and that he varied numerous times...hope they transform this into a great song based on that killer riff.

The show started out late since minutes before the show Nibbs bass amp blew off....when they attached the replacement it lived for a quarter of a second...both bass amps shot they took one from one of the supports (Evidence One and Braimstorm, two german bands...Evidence One was also on pt.I of HMT tour).

Oh....there's a new release date for the DVD "The Saxon Chronicles"..Biff said that it will now be out tuesday june 10th...One of the reasons for the extra delay could be due to artwork (that's what I heard from a source close to the band, cannot guarantee anthing here).

Off to Salzburg...........

Best from snowy Munich, Germany

Karsten

there's a new release date for the DVD "The Saxon Chronicles"..Biff said that it will now be out tuesday june 10th...
Well, heck! I can't believe we have to wait until June now. :-(

Brainstorm is a great band for you all to check out, by the way. I own Ambiguity & Metus Mortis and return to them frequently. Good stuff.

10th of JUNE?! Wait a minute..... that means that I must buy jmillions new record! :saint: This is hard....
Can I make a compromise of my promise? I'd like to buy KG first, and It's Alive with O/D (after Lagoon's PM spamming day after day, begging me to buy it) and maybe Rock the Nations... !:headbang: "Best of" too..... (am I crossing the line?) But the promise is still there, I shall buy it after that! :)

Crusader said:
10th of JUNE?! Wait a minute..... that means that I must buy jmillions new record! :saint: This is hard....
Can I make a compromise of my promise? I'd like to buy KG first, and It's Alive with O/D (after Lagoon's PM spamming day after day, begging me to buy it) and maybe Rock the Nations... !!:headbang: "Best of" too..... (am I crossing the line?) But the promise is still there, I shall buy it after that! :)
If you can find "Rock The Nations" on CD then you HAVE to buy it beofre you buy The Millions CD.:D

I've found Rock the Nations here in Sweden in one of those online stores, and just for $9! :heh:
Off topic: I have a little dilemma here, I can buy KG limited for just $1 more than only KG, but I already have the songs on KG limited on HMT... Any tip? :err: Nevertheless I will buy the "Best Of" and Rock the nations! !:headbang: (Tomorrow I think)