Kayo Dot should record some cover songs.

Desertsands

Feb 28, 2006
How about this? Good idea or not?

It would be really cool to cover My Dying Bride, I think. They have been a great influence for the band, and I can imagine band members playing instruments in the style of MDB. It also should be noted that with the presence of Mia the beautiful violin sections will be unbeatable.

In addition, an Extreme Prog-Metal(KD style) interpretation of Edgard Varese, Olivier Messiaen or even a classical composer would be inspiring too!

How about Kayo Dot's interpretations of MDB songs Toby? Not like "a tribute MDB band that includes some KD members", but the whole band just paying the tribute to the Gods.

How about Symphonaire Infernus et Spera Empyrium, Your River, The Return Of/To The Beautiful or even Your Shameful Heaven?

Taaasty!

Really? Oh damn, I thought it was, like, the most evident thing ever that KD were a greatly MDB influenced band. My bad then.

I know, how about Heroin Chic? You could replace the 50-something swears with scientific notions.

What do you Toby and Forbes think about MDB's latter material?

Oh, a Possessed cover would be sweet. Imagine jazz interludes and oriental violin breaks, and Mia handling the harsh "vox", for she is now the KD main growler.

Breeeewteele!!

i've only heard some of the later mdb stuff. some songs i've liked quite a bit and others i havent liked at all.

besides possessed, grave, and bolt thrower i'd also be into covering amebix.

it's too bad greg isn't particularly into death metal, because i bet we could get everyone else on board to do an immolation cover.