kayo gets blabbermouth pub

KAYO DOT: Live Songs Posted Online - Apr. 2, 2004

KAYO DOT, the Massachusetts-based musical project featuring former members of the now-defunct MAUDLIN OF THE WELL, have uploaded two live tracks recorded during their March 23 appearance on the 88.1 WMBR radio station. Download the songs "The Antique" and "Marathon" at this location.

KAYO DOT's debut album, "Choirs Of The Eye", was released last October through Tzadik Records. The CD features five tracks and clocks in at about 56 minutes. According to the group's official web site, "KAYO DOT isn't much different from MAUDLIN OF THE WELL musically — rather it's more like a continuation in the direction MAUDLIN OF THE WELL had been progressing." MP3 clips of the tracks "Wayfarer", "The Antique" and "The Manifold Curiosity" can be downloaded from this location.

home_brown_0802.jpg

"we signed it, alright?"

End of Marathon was "I Want What God Wants" by the Super Gang - On the Road For Jesus. The passage at the end of Antique was the tale of Blue Beard told in French by Madame Marcel Weill.

Just finished listening to "The Antique", now on "Marathon".

Still not quite sure what I think about Choirs of the Eye, and I possibly never will be.

All I can say is that File Sharing HAS NOW BEEN PROVEN to have NO Correlation on Album Sale decreases. Don't believe me? Read the New York Times