Ken - Help Recommend!

_Gentleman of_the Snow_

Prog' Drummer
Oct 30, 2005
Toronto, Canada
Hey, Ken. I was hoping you could recommend me some bands/albums I can get off of your site. I've done extensive searching and have found basically every progressive metal band I can find and purchased the ones I like.

I was wondering if there are any bands you have listed as Progressive Rock that you can recommend to me. I like the edgier/heavier stuff, and I like creative writing, with complex arrangements, as long as there's still a good song structure as the main focus.

One progressive rock band I found on your site and loved is Anti-Depressive Delivery. They are a perfect example of what I'm looking for. I also like Porcupine Tree and Enchant. I'm into the newer stuff, but it's fine if it's influenced by older stuff. What other bands should I check out? Thanks, man. :headbang:

First suggestion I would make is Seventh Wonder. They walk the fine line between prog rock and prog metal, and have some very subtle complexities that you should enjoy.

Hmmm....

Check out:

After - Hideout
Indukti - S.U.S.A.R.
Anekdoten - A Time Of Day
Jupiter Society - First Contact
Everon - North
Black Bonzo - Sound Of The Apocalypse
Magenta - Metamorphosis

That should get you started at least.

KG

I like the edgier/heavier stuff, and I like creative writing, with complex arrangements, as long as there's still a good song structure as the main focus.

well, you surelly know band such as Dream Theater, Symphony X, Ayreon and some other thing from Inside out music... so i'll give you some you might don't know.

beyond twilight
Andromeda
Zero Hour (first and second album)
Myrath
Seventh Wonder
xystus
Anthropia
dreamscape
behind the curtain (only 4 bucks since so many years,it just unbelievable Ken
still have some)

there's so many!!!

ho shit I was about to forget Circus Maximus. "1rst chapter" is in my all time top2

if you like my suggestion, tell me, I can give you more.

well, you surelly know band such as Dream Theater, Symphony X, Ayreon and some other thing from Inside out music... so i'll give you some you might don't know.

beyond twilight
Andromeda
Zero Hour (first and second album)
Myrath
Seventh Wonder
xystus
Anthropia
dreamscape
behind the curtain (only 4 bucks since so many years,it just unbelievable Ken
still have some)

there's so many!!!

ho shit I was about to forget Circus Maximus. "1rst chapter" is in my all time top2

if you like my suggestion, tell me, I can give you more.

Thanks, man, but unfortunately, I know of all of those bands :p Unless it's really, really rare prog metal, I know it. I was looking more for modern, dark, heavy-ish progressive rock bands like Anti-Depressive Delivery, Porcupine Tree, Riverside etc. I still thank you, though.

I give this a try....

Bokor
Somnambulist
Deserts of Traun
Oblique Rain
Phideaux
Amplifier
Karnivool
Three Wishes