Current Hard Rock Bands

edgeofthorns

24 Hours Ago...
Jan 2, 2005
City beneath the surface
Ken,

Have you considered stocking releases from the current melodic rock bands like Brother Firetribe, Gotthard, Harem Scarem, Pink Cream 69, Slammer, etc? Also, releases from 80s bands that have new releases such as House of Lords and Europe? I buy this sort of stuff often along with the prog metal/power metal stuff, so I was wondering why you didn't keep this stuff stocked. Basically, I'd rather buy everything from one site as opposed to buying music from three or four different sites. :erk:

Also, for those of you that buy the melodic rock stuff along with the power/prog stuff, let us know.

Thanks, just curious.....

Brian Clough
Gray, Tennessee

Brian:

Occassionally I'll stock a title that I think crosses over into the progressive realm. We focus on progressive rock, metal and fusion. Obviously we cover quite a bit of power metal as well. I'm personally not interested in the melodic/AOR bands so I can't really see it ever being a genre we'll get too deeply involved with. When we have stocked bands like Pink Cream 69 and Fate they have sold miserably.

On the surface it would be wonderful if we could stock everything but we have to set up some limits. If there is a band you are having difficulty sourcing let us know - perhaps we can get our hands on it easily for you.

Ken Golden

I apologize if I insult anyone's taste. To me Journey represented everything that was bad about 80s rock. They invented the power ballad and just about every other corporate-driven cliche that got bludgeoned to death in the years to follow. They have my respect for defining a particular sound but it's not one I am personally attracted to - I need more meat on the bones - I need real progressive music without the spectre of Lee Abrams or Jon Kalodner standing over my shoulder.

Remember I'm an ancient fart who grew up listening to hardcore progressive rock. Give me Mellotrons or give me death! :D

Ken Golden

I apologize if I insult anyone's taste. To me Journey represented everything that was bad about 80s rock. They invented the power ballad and just about every other corporate-driven cliche that got bludgeoned to death in the years to follow. They have my respect for defining a particular sound but it's not one I am personally attracted to - I need more meat on the bones - I need real progressive music without the spectre of Lee Abrams or Jon Kalodner standing over my shoulder.

Remember I'm an ancient fart who grew up listening to hardcore progressive rock. Give me Mellotrons or give me death! :D

Ken Golden

LOL....dude you're not that old....I've seen you! I grew up listening to 80s hardrock, so that's why I'm a softy for the ol' power ballad from bands like Steelheart, Firehouse, Dokken, Def Leppard, etc. :oops:

Brian