recommend me some bands...

horacexgrant

New Metal Member
Jul 19, 2008
if i like bands such as symphony x, adagio, impellitteri, angra, malmsteen, a little dream theater, tony macalpine, vinnie moore..

i discovered adagio from this board, and it turned out to be a really good band for my tastes. so can anyone recommend me some other progressive or neoclassical band?

thanks

Some random recommendations: Zero Hour, Planet X, Derek Sherinian's stuff, COB's earlier albums, Opeth, Death's last couple of albums, Control Denied, Greg Howe's stuff, Marty Friedman's "Dragon's Kiss", Michael Romeo's "The Dark Chapter"... and of course, get all of Symphony X's albums. ;)
Also if you like neoclassical, then I encourage you to listen to some classical music. You might wanna start with stuff like Vivaldi's 'Four Seasons' and some Bach or whatever.

Some random recommendations: Zero Hour, Planet X, Derek Sherinian's stuff, COB's earlier albums, Opeth, Death's last couple of albums, Control Denied, Greg Howe's stuff, Marty Friedman's "Dragon's Kiss", Michael Romeo's "The Dark Chapter"... and of course, get all of Symphony X's albums. ;)
Also if you like neoclassical, then I encourage you to listen to some classical music. You might wanna start with stuff like Vivaldi's 'Four Seasons' and some Bach or whatever.

yea i have planet x, greg howe, marty friedman and everything sym x.

i'll try out the other stuff u mentioned. thanks

If you like Planet X try:

On The Virg
The Collins/Wardingham Project
Ohm
Uncle Moe's Space Ranch
Tribal Tech
Gordian Knot
CAB

Winds, and Gustav Holst's Mars: The Bringer of War. Also, Michael Pinnella's solo album.

I know a large amount of great progressive metal bands. I'll try to name a bunch that I think you'd like: (I also want to second Circus Maximus. One of the best prog metal bands ever, imo, and they just released their debut in 2005)

-Time Requiem
-Crises
-Pain of Salvation (First 4 albums - not exactly in your tastes, but such amazing stuff)
-Poverty's No Crime
-Lemur Voice
-Sun Caged
-Dali's Dilemma
-Spheric Universe Experience
-Shadow Gallery
-Vanden Plas
-Time Machine
-Anti-Depressive Delivery
-Beyond Twilight
-Behind The Curtain
-Novact
-Cea Serin
-Icycore
-Andromeda
-Ark
-Degree Absolute
-Sphere of Souls

Check out these bands not really Noe neoclassical But from the bands you listed I think you would like them

Circus maximus
Darkwater
Spheric Universe experience