Symphony X
Symphorce
Talamasca
Time Requiem
Vanden Plas
Vanishing Point
Wolverine
Zero Hour

There may be more that I'm forgetting. Anyway, recommend away.

Also cheack out Angra, they're alot better than Kamelot if you want power-metal. Thom in Kamelot sucks.
Also try out Power of Omens, Artension (if you want extreem Vitalij in it) and Meshuggah.

I know there not prog. But they sure are technical (more technical than most prog). Alot of prog fans like Meshuggah.

Pathos, Artension, Ark, Canvas Solaris, Eldritch!!!, Empty Tremor, Dreamscape, Biomechanical, Madsword, Secret Sphere, Magnitude 9, Torben Enevoldsen!!!, Hydrotoxin, Dali's Dilemma...

umm i was under the impression that meshuggah is thrash.. shrugs.. wow most of these bands i know already.. looks like im not such a newbie anymore with the metal.
And dont forget ma nevermore...(are they prog? dun really know..but theyre cool)

The Metal Chick said:
Do you know the Chicago local band Ion Vein? They're totally prog and cool.

www.ionvein.com

I totally agree, these guys are really cool. Saw 'em play with Symphony X and Seven Witches back in... February I think. They put on a great show, I was really impressed. But once Symphony X took the stage... well, who the hell is Ion Vein anyway? :p

Friend of Moloch said:
I totally agree, these guys are really cool. Saw 'em play with Symphony X and Seven Witches back in... February I think. They put on a great show, I was really impressed. But once Symphony X took the stage... well, who the hell is Ion Vein anyway? :p

LOL...yeah actually it was March but who's counting...and yes holy crap it was an awesome show. I was up in front for the whole thing. :headbang: I've seen Ion Vein a bunch of times, I actually know one of the guitarists pretty well, he's a friend of my brother's. Just ordered their new CD. Should be cool. :cool: