Recommend me some prog metal

I havent got Holy Land (thanx to Matos - OWW!), but Rebirth is definatly Power metal (totally non-cheezy power metal).

Mr. Shred-ididle said:
I havent got Holy Land (thanx to Matos - OWW!), but Rebirth is definatly Power metal (totally non-cheezy power metal).

yeah they totally rawk! I got Rebirth & Hunters and Prey for 5 euro each :)

anybody knows some other good power-metal that's actually NOT cheesy?

The first 3 Angra cd's are masterpieces , especially the very underrated Fireworks which contains awesome songs . Rebirth is ok but too common

i found one akashic song on k-lite and OMG YUMMY VOICE!!!!!..and it was a cool song too btw, called.. um let me go look..Salvation.. so woo hoo another band i am gonna be following more closely from now on thankyou R*O*C*K*S*!!

ReDilS.kCalB said:
The first 3 Angra cd's are masterpieces , especially the very underrated Fireworks which contains awesome songs . Rebirth is ok but too common
I agree with every word, except the part concerning Rebirth: though I prefer the "old" Angra, I think it's also a very good record, not just common :p

SilentRealm said:
i found one akashic song on k-lite and OMG YUMMY VOICE!!!!!..and it was a cool song too btw, called.. um let me go look..Salvation.. so woo hoo another band i am gonna be following more closely from now on thankyou R*O*C*K*S*!!
that's great to hear !! :)

if you have difficulties finding other songs, just add me on icq :p

Why isn't this thread call'd: "Recommend me some shitty Dream Theater copies"

Making the same album seven times is progressive? Using lots of different obscure time signatures is progressive?

Give me a fucking break!

I've come to conclusion that "prog" is just that shitty genre and has nothing to do with the word "progressive". 'cause those so-called "prog" bands are far from actually progressive music.

The Metal Chick said:
LOL...yeah actually it was March but who's counting...and yes holy crap it was an awesome show. I was up in front for the whole thing. :headbang: I've seen Ion Vein a bunch of times, I actually know one of the guitarists pretty well, he's a friend of my brother's. Just ordered their new CD. Should be cool. :cool:

March, eh? Well all I know is that it was during school and kicked ass. I was at about the third row... if you can call them rows, we were all just crowded around the stage, heh.

And warman, please change your avatar. :Smug:

Friend of Moloch said:
March, eh? Well all I know is that it was during school and kicked ass. I was at about the third row... if you can call them rows, we were all just crowded around the stage, heh.

You were probably right behind me then, I was in the second 'row' There was a guy behind me that was talking to some people, sounded like a real 'know-it-all' talking like a total prog nerd...that wasn't you was it? ;) I kept wanting to turn around and punch him in the face...

sorry I'm done complaining now :D

To contribute something... check out Sieges Even. They have gone from Watchtower-style Prog/Thrash via Rush-esque Prog Rock to groovy, funny Jazz Fusion Metal. Great band, too bad they don´t exist anymore.