what other bands would i be interested in if i like...

horacexgrant

New Metal Member
Jul 19, 2008
hi guys, i made a similar topic a long time ago about which bands i would like if i gave a list of bands i already listen to. the topic last time, opened my eyes to the brilliance of Adagio, and i would like to see if you guys can help me again.

so my top tier of bands:
Adagio
Symphony X
Dream Theater
Angra
Tony MacAlpine
Vinnie Moore
Ring of Fire

second tier:
Malmsteen
George Bellas
Planet X
Pagan's Mind
Guthrie Govan
Royal Hunt

others i already know but don't listen to THAT much:
Steve Vai
Satriani
Stump
Racer X
Artension
some others...i cant' remember

thanks in advance

Angra's guitarist, Kiko Loureiro, has two amazing solo instrumental albums, one in a metal/fusion style, the other jazz. If you are into good guitar playing, check them out.

Derek Sherinian <--- AWESOME!
Greg Howe
Andromeda

Angra's guitarist, Kiko Loureiro, has two amazing solo instrumental albums, one in a metal/fusion style, the other jazz. If you are into good guitar playing, check them out.

Gee, this sounds great!

Thanks, I'll put them on my 'to buy' list.

Ayreon
Andromeda
Star One
Erik Norlander
Wuthering Heights
Jeff Loomis (his solo album is fuckin' great)

You could also check out bands in the more extreme spectrum of music. Symphonic melodic death/black metal bands:

Skyfire
Kalmah
Dominia
Profanum
Veneficium

Also, if you like Angra, check out Shaman/Shaaman, the band formed by the ex-members after the split back in 2000-ish. It is now defunct, but they put out two cool albums and a nice DVD. A bit more simple and heavy than Angra, but an interesting blend of power metal and Brazilian influences.

(^ Disregard the anime video obviously...)

Brazilian crowds look wild.

Last edited by a moderator:
thanks a bunch. i already knew kiko's solo albums, and greg howe, etc. but thanks for all the other suggestions:headbang: