Recommend me some prog metal

Queensrÿche! Queensrÿche! Queensrÿche! Queensrÿche!

Two among the best records ever; "Operation:Mindcrime" and "Empire". Takes a while to swallow. After three years I'm still chewing on the latter. Don't bother much about their late 90's crap.

|ngenius said:
Note that even between two progressive bands exist countless differences. Btw, I just recognize Rough Silk, Masterplan and Beyond Twilight between the names you mentioned in your list, above. What about telling us two cents about the rest? :)

|ng.

Well, I'm not very apt in describing bands, so I guess I shouldn't reccomend them? :erk:

But, I'll give it a try.

Brainstorm - Heavy! Powerful driving, semi clean vocals. Guess this one's closer to power than progressive, but it too has it's progressive moments.

Gracepoint - Power/Progressive, very technical at times, and they seem to avoid the overly melodic.

Mister Kite - Progressive leaning, but fall better into Rock/AOR/Heavy Rock. Their first album, All in Time anyways.

Silent Edge - New Progressive band to the scene. Some have said they are THE most promising prog metal band right now.

Swan Christy - Greek; male with female choir atop heavy, crunchy, melodic, symphonic progressive metal, and at times, quite jazzy!

Section A - New! Heavy driving progressive metal.

I tried!