Kick Drum Samples

NathanSoulfracture

myspace.com/soulfracture
Aug 26, 2004
www.soulfracture.co.uk
i was wondering if you could tell me Andy or anyone, what kick samples were used on the AoJB and Ascendancy Albums? i cant seem to find the search button so if its been mentioned before apologise lol and if anyone has the sample would they mind sending me it please? :)

Sidenote so feel free to get my back here if you agree: I've found that the more boring and plain a kick sample sounds on it's own, the better it fits in the mix. Like i tried these really cool wet kick sounds from my Motif but they got real muddy at any hint of double kick. The boring, flat response ones have a lot more punch and metalness.

I agree with the above post. Although the sort of kick sound I've found works best in a mix is one that peaks out at two points. Usually at 50hz and around 3000hz with the rest scooped the shit out of. Basically the more artificial and triggered the kick sounds, the better it's gonna be standing out of the mix. That's my opinion anyway.

Might as well chime in here and give the heads up on a kick sample that can stolen from the start of Mnemics - Wild Boys (duran duran cover). Album - 'The Audio Injected Soul'

well ive been using the DFH kick and the far beyond driven kick sample mixed together, but the DFH one is shit basically, but i like the sound of the kicks on the 2 albums i mentioned above so i was wondering if anyone knew the exact samples that were used.

Oh oh, no please, DFH 1 is far from being shit !!! It's very very good in my opinion... Excellent should I say ! It gives you untreated natural drum sounds, then it's up to everyone to tweak them to taste (eq, comp...).

NathanSoulfracture said:
well ive been using the DFH kick and the far beyond driven kick sample mixed together, but the DFH one is shit basically, but i like the sound of the kicks on the 2 albums i mentioned above so i was wondering if anyone knew the exact samples that were used.

Dude! I'm using the exact same two! I don't use them together though. I don't think the DHF kick is shit, it just isn't an artificial sounding metal kick like the Pantera kick is. DFH is what it is, miced drum kit samples. Someone with decent mixing skills could probably use the DFH kick for metal. Personally, I have only been able to make it sound good on mellow stuff though :cry:

Brett - K A L I S I A said:
Oh oh, no please, DFH 1 is far from being shit !!! It's very very good in my opinion... Excellent should I say ! It gives you untreated natural drum sounds, then it's up to everyone to tweak them to taste (eq, comp...).

I second that. I use Drumkit from Hell Superior and it is sweet. I load up the "Sonor of Metal" preset for some good metal kick. Or if I"m feelin'g frisky loaded up Drumagog and replace the sample or use KTDrumTrigger.

Hi people...

Are we talking about samples for use in triggered drums or drum sequencing?