Kickdrum / Bassdrum LIVE Triggering Sounds

outcast187

New Metal Member
Jul 24, 2015
Hey there,

I´m a drummer in a metal band called "Coffin to go"
https://www.facebook.com/coffin2go

I used an Alesis Dm5 for years now, triggering just my kickdrum
(Sound: Speed Metal Kick). In the rehearsal room and on demo recording I´m quite satisfied with the sounds.

But playing live over the P.A with the DM5 is sometimes quite disappointing. Often it just sounds unnatural and there`s no low-end in the sample; just attack and Click. Depends on the venue and the soundman as well. I just use the sample, no mics.

I`m going to change my system the the roland TM-2 where you can put your own samples on a sd-card.
The TM-2 has better trigger attributes anyways (right out of the box i had no misfires with false triggering) and less latency compared to the DM5. I mean the dm5 is over 20 years old, so the chip inside the tm-2 is way better (same chip as the roland TM-20 upperclass model)

But the internal sounds in the tm-2 aren´t my taste.
Once I tried the kicksample from EZ-Drummers Metal Machine, but LIVE it sounds unnatural too (with the whole acoustic kit). As always I´m missing the lowend and the "fatness" ;)

I`m looking for a chris adler Kickdrum because it will fit to our music.

Does anyone have good live approved Kickdrum samples which sound rich, fat, with enough lowend, and integrates naturally into the acoustic kit?

I`d be damn happy if someone has such an sample!

Rock on,
Marc

Thanks for your replies and the samples!
I really appreciate it, and gonna test them live as soon as possible.

I don't know if there are people around here that still will get it but that comment made me think of the "How do mix drums?" comment ah ah

Seriously though, you are lucky that Bryan still comes around here now and then so he might still have the samples and quoting his post should send him a notification!