Killswitch Engage - In Due Time (instrumental and vocal cover)

Jotun25

Apr 27, 2010
Sevilla, Spain
www.jotunstudio.es
Hi, folks!

I just uploaded a new cover of KSE´s In Due Time, with Pablo Aragon at vocals.

I used my Axe FX Standard for guitars and bass with Metal Foundry + Steven Slate for drums.

We tried to be as respectful to the original song as we could, but gave our personal touches to it.

Here you have the di and axe tracks for reamping, remixing, whatever you want to do, but please, whenever you post them here, soundcloud, youtube, facebook or any other page, put Jotun Studio somewhere in the name of your mix and give credit to Jotun Studio and link this video or my FB or webpage, please. It took me a long time to record it and I appreciate if you did mention to my studio.

Here they go: http://www.mediafire.com/download/z...nstudio.es)_-_KSE_In_Due_Time_Multitracks.rar (EDIT: Removed it because some person is selling them and I don´t want that to repeat)

Feedback is very welcomed.

Hope you like it and if you want to hire my recording, editing or mixing services, I´ll be glad to work with you.

Cheers!

Last edited:
sounds brutal! i'm working on another cover from the same album. So far i've got the instrumental version. I'd love mixing this one too with my template.

here's how it sounds so far, i'm waiting for vocalz atm

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you very much for your kind words, fellas! I´m very glad you are liking it so far. I put a lot of effort in playing the music right and making it sound as good as I could (within a deadline, because I´m working in other recording and mixing projects), so I appreciate your words a lot.

I´ve got the DIs of guitar and bass, also the vocal tracks, and the MIDI drums, but I did all the edition in the processed tracks, so I can bounce them, but maybe there would be some crossfades missing or some other issues. Do you mind it?

Thank you very much for your kind words, fellas! I´m very glad you are liking it so far. I put a lot of effort in playing the music right and making it sound as good as I could (within a deadline, because I´m working in other recording and mixing projects), so I appreciate your words a lot.

I´ve got the DIs of guitar and bass, also the vocal tracks, and the MIDI drums, but I did all the edition in the processed tracks, so I can bounce them, but maybe there would be some crossfades missing or some other issues. Do you mind it?

not at all

Not at all!! Would mind including DIs and processed guitars? I want to practice this mix with your tone too =)

Thanks a lot for the kind words, Cfh11!

Fenixdoido, I´ll try to bounce all the tracks (DIs and distorted) but without eq or fx, ok? I think I´ll have them bounced and uploaded in a couple of days, so stay tuned.

Can't wait for the raw tracks for this :) The cover sounds great, which Slate samples did you use? Shame those pinch harmonics don't have the vibrato on them like the KSE guys play them, you gotta really shake those fuckers.

DIs and AXE tracks are here!

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u...nstudio.es) - KSE In Due Time Multitracks.rar

If you use them and upload mixes to this forum, youtube, soundcloud or any other site, please give credit to Jotun Studio / Leo Peña, and subscribe to my channel / facebook if you like my work. Thanks!

I uploaded a rar file to my dropbox, and tried to edit crossfades a little and checked if I made some mistake. If I did something wrong, please let me know (I tried everything to be mono and hope all files sound ok).

Hope you have fun with it and let me hear your mixes!

Cobhc, I used the snare 11 and the kick 7, blended with samples from Metal Foundry. Hope it helps! And thanks for liking it, man. I know the pinch harmonics are tough to do (it didn´t help I didn´t play this guitar for more than a year and wasn´t use to where the harmonics ring more, besides having a 56 for the 6th string, which was a little tight). I tried mostly to make a good mix, as I´m an average guitarist.

Fenikdoido, here you have the tracks! Looking forward to hearing that mix, man!

Cheers!

No problem dude. Thanks for posting the files. About the harmonics, I just thought everything else was so close to spot on that it was a shame they weren't nailed as well. Should still be a lot of fun to mix :)

No problem dude. Thanks for posting the files. About the harmonics, I just thought everything else was so close to spot on that it was a shame they weren't nailed as well. Should still be a lot of fun to mix :)

You´re welcome, man. I´d like to hear how other people see my recordings and mixes, and hope you do have fun while mixing it!

You´re right about that, but I think I wasn´t able to bend them as well as the guys from KSE, so I decided to move on and finish the song anyway.

Hey thanks a lot !

Great cover and great mix

I will try to make my version tonight

What is the BPM ?

Thank you so much Jotun! I'll do a mix asap!! I'll post and give credit to Jotun Studio / Leo Peña! Cheers!!!

You´re welcome, Fenix!

Let me hear it when you post it, man. Hope you enjoy mixing it. Cheers!

Hey thanks a lot !

Great cover and great mix

I will try to make my version tonight

What is the BPM ?

Thanks a lot, Chgros. Glad you liked it, man!

I want to hear your mix too, so you know. The BPM is 170, like the original song.

Cheers and hope more people care to take a chance at mixing it. The more, the better!

Sorry, it seems that Dropbox didn´t like us sharing the multitracks due to the amount of traffic generated, so they´ve shut me down. Do you recommend any other page where I can upload it and share the link with you?

Noticed the right DI is a lot quieter than the left? Also, the Bass DI is REALLY quiet. Not sure about the rest of the tracks, but you might wanna check that out Jotun.

Edit: The DI's are all stereo even though you said you tried to keep it all mono :p