KILLSWITCH ENGAGE Taps Producer ANDY SNEAP For New Album Mix

damn, i can't stop listening to this. it's absolutely great, production and music.
it needs a few spins though, so if you do not like it, give it another chance ;)

damn, i can't stop listening to this. it's absolutely great, production and music.
it needs a few spins though, so if you do not like it, give it another chance ;)

Dont Bleed For Me and All We Have our some of my top tracks right now.
Also: Always and Time will not remain are outstanding too

As crazy as it is, I grew into Killswitch with Howard in the band, and never really cared for Aojb.
However, Jesse sounds fucking incredible on this record and as an avid Howard Fan I gotta say: Holy Shit.
I love this record.

Late to the party listening today for the first time.
Mix is top notch... like... duh! what did you expect from Andy exactly?

What i would like to note is that i can definitely tell a difference between an album that's been produced in it's entirety by Andy and an album that was only mixed/mastered by Andy.
If you listen to the albums he made with Nevermore, Trivium, Lamb Of God, etc'... you can definitely tell that every song has AT LEAST 1 part that makes your jaw drop to the floor, wheres this album is way more generic and doesn't stand out in any way.
It might be just different strokes, but while everyone is talking about Andys mixes/sound, which are obviously supreme, i always thought his effect over the music itself was always the more critical part, which i find lacking in this album since he only mixed it.

Am i alone on this one?

Late to the party listening today for the first time.
Mix is top notch... like... duh! what did you expect from Andy exactly?

What i would like to note is that i can definitely tell a difference between an album that's been produced in it's entirety by Andy and an album that was only mixed/mastered by Andy.
If you listen to the albums he made with Nevermore, Trivium, Lamb Of God, etc'... you can definitely tell that every song has AT LEAST 1 part that makes your jaw drop to the floor, wheres this album is way more generic and doesn't stand out in any way.
It might be just different strokes, but while everyone is talking about Andys mixes/sound, which are obviously supreme, i always thought his effect over the music itself was always the more critical part, which i find lacking in this album since he only mixed it.

Am i alone on this one?

Just want to say that Andy hasn't worked with lamb of god

Finally bought the album and gave it a listen.

The mix is phenomenal, wasn't expecting anything less!! :p

The Bass has that great signature growl, as in most Sneap mixes, I agree that the guitars have a different kind of sound, more grainy in the high mids and less compressed, but I kinda like it, makes the mix more alive/dynamic, doesn't sound so compressed and "equal" sounding from riff to riff.

Just got the time to listen through it carefully. I have to admit that I prefer the remastered (first) selftitled album. Here is why: It sounds like a metalband. Not discouraging "godlike-transparent-how-did-Andy-manage-to-do-this-and-that" like. :worship: *whatever-mode off* Amazing work!