Kinda Band Kinda Not - Best Live DVDs

Currently thinking of Amon Amarth's - Wrath of the Norseman

Yeah, Norsemen is seriously ill...

Not really metal, but G'n'R's one at the Tokyo Dome - great performance, great setlist, etc.

In the not-metal vein, the Red Hot Chili Peppers Live At Slane is also good - they have an unbelievable amount of energy

Judas Priest's Electric Eye DVD - live performance, all the old videos, and some really old performances...

Megadeth's Rude Awakening - great setlist and note perfect performance - would be the best except they really have no interest in playing the music - just standing around, not really doing anything, not talking to the crowd or interacting at all...

Metallica's S&M was cool in that they did something new - a live performance with a symphony. Hetfield kills it, though.

In Flames' Used And Abused - the 2nd gig at Sticky Fingers is unreal

Avantasia are going to play live this year - I really want them to do a DVD - all the singers running on stage for a line or two, and dashing off, and best of all, ACTING!

Queensryche's Mindcrime At The Moore - 'nuf said

Iron Maiden's DVDs are all excellent - Beast Over Hammersmith, Live At The Rainbow, Live After Death, Death On The Road, Rock In Rio, etc. The DVD for A Matter Of Life And Death is going to be awesome (I've seen the footage - it's fucking beast), and when they get around to doing the one from the Powerslave tour, that will also kick ass - a couple songs from it on the remaster

that amon amarth dvd is waaaaaaaay too long.

i reccomend carpathian forest- we're going to hollywood for this. just because there are naked chics
~gR~

Maybe I'm biased & I know everone here thinks Dream Theater are ghey & not Metal, but they have some great DVDs out with maybe the exception of the newest one with the symphony I didn't like very much.