King Diamond on Thursday at The Edge

Imagikafan

AKA Pooch - Mark
Sep 15, 2001
Sunnyvale, California
www.myspace.com
I know Elena will be there, but are the rest of you going to this show? I can't wait! The Puppetmaster is the best KD disc since The Eye! It officially comes out tomorrow. Hope to see you all at the show! \m/\m/

-Mark

Imagikafan said:
I know Elena will be there, but are the rest of you going to this show? I can't wait! The Puppetmaster is the best KD disc since The Eye! It officially comes out tomorrow. Hope to see you all at the show! \m/\m/

-Mark

I'll be there!

Fossil

Imagikafan said:

-Mark
Yep, I'll be there!!!

The plan is to meet at the bar across the street from the Edge. I'm going straight from work to the bar. I'll be there around 7ish.

Imagikafan said:
Ok...see you guys there. !:headbang:

-Mark
Man, I wish I was going with you guys. Last time I saw King was at the Beacon Theatre in NYC, when Mikkey Dee was still in the band. That was like a ffew hundred years ago.

Have a kick ass time at The Edge,
Nt

I'll be there -- I've been to the Edge just once, to see Lamb of God -- pretty cool venue.

I don't have any King Diamond CDs, but I own nearly all the Mercyful Fate stuff, I hope I recognize a tune or two...

Good! I had heard from a few in the crowd that the show in SF the night before was canceled -- the King and the venue owner couldn't agree on a purported webcast (so they said...)

Either way, there were a lot of people at the Edge, many from up north, I didn't expect this sized crowd. I heard the opening band from the bar, didn't see them, but the second band from Dallas (can't remember their name) had a female singer and the band with a nu-metal vibe that I didn't care for. They kinda were out of place, and the drumming wasn't great. A few of the rhythms could have sounded a LOT better with a better drum line.

I've never seen Entombed, they didn't look like metalheads (but then, neither do I), and they didn't start out all that strong, but man, they really picked it up halfway through their set and it fuckin' rocked! I own Left Hand Path and Wolverine Blues, so I was able to figure out a couple of songs from each, and they sounded good.

The King, well, it was great. I only go to small venue thrash/death metal shows these days, kinda rare to see theatrics, but with the props and ritual baby killing at the beginning, YEAH! He had a background female singer who also acted out Melissa? and overall the show was what I expected, his high voice really carried well at the Edge. And, this will prompt me to buy a few Diamond CDs to go along with the MF stuff.