King Diamond Report (for the Zac Man)

Jean-Pierre

Son of The Bitch
Jun 27, 2004
Detroit, MI
Well, I got in from King Diamond in Detroit this morning, my ears ringing with delight at what I had witnessed. Lemme give yous guys the rundown:

Behemoth fucking destroyed. Absolutely excellent, "As Above So Below," being the highlight, because the crowd and the band were just feeding off each others energy.

I didn't watch Black Dahlia Murder, because I don't listen to poseur metal.

Nile impressed me greatly. The last couple of times I saw them, they didn't do too great live: Sloppy, and it all sounded like a wall of noise. Ooooh, not this time! With their new bassist and drummer, they played tighter than I've ever heard them play. Everything went smooth as silk as they just pounded out the fury.

Now, the King. He opened with the first 3 songs on Abigail, and there was a bit of a problem in my ears: The sound was a bit uneven, and it was somewhat jarring. However, someone must of fixed something, because at the 4th song (Black Horseman) on, everything sounded perfect. King's voice was in excellent shape, as he ripped through Come To The Sabbath (which the crowd went nuts for), The Eye, Sleepless Nights, Blood To Walk, So Sad and Welcome Home. Then for the encore, he came out to perform Halloween, which was excellent. Then for ANOTHER encore, he performed EVIL!! Oh, that was absolutely glorious. I must say, for my first time seeing KD live, I was VERY impressed. The theatrics were quite enthralling as well, with King having an actress on stage, miming parts, acting out scenes with props, and dancing. It all flowed wonderfully, all in all an excellent set.

As always you rule...
Glad you had a good time, and I was very angry couldn't make this show.
Only 10 more days till my shows in Ca though :headbang:

Zac

FUCK MAN! I should have stuck around for the encore when I saw him at BB Kings. I knew he was gonna do "Halloween" but had no fucking clue he was going to play "Evil". I am so pissed now, he needs to come back and play "Evil"!

TheGraveDigger said:
FUCK MAN! I should have stuck around for the encore when I saw him at BB Kings. I knew he was gonna do "Halloween" but had no fucking clue he was going to play "Evil". I am so pissed now, he needs to come back and play "Evil"!
Why would you leave for the encore? That's crazy!