The Official King Diamond Thread

Zac

Videodrome
Dec 4, 2003
Southern California
king_diamond4.jpg

All bow to one of the most brilliant musicians & vocalists the world has ever known. Few can match King's composing, creativity & diversity, and his stage presence is absolutley incomparable. From "Fatal Portrait" to "The Puppet Master" King has not once released an album that I consider to be sub par. His concepts are absolutley genious, and the manner he delivers his stories & characters in is far beyond what most lyricists could ever dream of.

King's music has influenced & aided in my musical development more than any other artist around, and the amount of respect I carry for both him & Andy La Roque is monumental. The anticipation for the upcoming tour & album has started to build, and 2005 is already shaping to be a great year for King Diamond.

Stay Heavy

Zac

The King totally rocks, man! Not to mention that some of his 90's works with Fate were quite underrated, "In The Shadows" especially. \m/

I just got MF's "Bellwitch" EP on cassette recently, and although I think the band's first two albums will always be remembered as the classics, "Bellwitch" shows that "In The Shadows" had very good material as well. Force Of Evil (featuring members of Mercyful Fate and King Diamond's solo band) are quite cool in my opinion as well. Check 'em out if you haven't already: www.forceofevil.net

I saw Mercyful Fate on thier first U.S. tour. Exciter was opening up.

Evidently there was some friction between Mercyful Fate and the local crew because Mercyful got totally screwed. Exciter came out and had the full light show of the venue (The Rainbow Music Hall). I had rarely seen that place use all of thier lights, especially for an opening act. But Exciter got the massive lights and fog.

Mercyful Fate came out to 4 white lights, no fog. It was obvious that they were getting hosed. They were AWESOME though. Great show.

I saw them on the next tour and things were very different. They had a stage show complete with a wall of amps.

At one point in the show the stage filled with waist high fog. Creepy music started playing and you could see something large moving around in the fog. The audience started getting excited because we thought it was a monster (like Maiden's Eddie). It was big and orange. Turns out it was a fat kid in a Bronco jersey! He had snuck on stage by crawling up under the fog.

Also a great show!

Mark

Great story! hahaha.

Yeah King Diamond rules. I love Melissa and Don't Break the Oath and even the new stuff like 9. Every Diamond album is amazing especially Puppet Master. I think the reason I like Diamond most is because of his unique voice, no one like him.

THEM is one of my all time favorite albums by far. The songwriting, melodies, musicianship, vocals, story, everything. Just oozes METAL with a unique flavor. As far as "In the Shadows" to me that seems more like a King Diamond album than a Mercyful Fate album. Great album. Singing to King Diamond is what helped me hone my high notes back int he day too! Here's a clip from back around 1992 when my old band had gone in to start roughing out some demo ideas (before we broke up blah!) See if you get a kick out of this hehe: (I'm on vocals) http://www.metalagesmedia.com/dreamhaunt/dreamhaunt-reflections-clip.mp3

Anyone here have an opinion on the KD and MF remasters that came out a few years ago? I have all of the original CD's that Roadrunner/Roadracer issued and have thought about picking up the remasters, but I'm not sure if there's an improvement in sound quality to make it worth it.

Also, anyone know whatever happened to King's longtime producer Roberto Falcao? Is he still producing anything?

I have to agree with all parties here. King is one of my fav musicians of all-time. His voice and lyrical content always are killer and Andy is amazing. Hard to like Fate over Diamond and vise versa. Both are quite different bands and make killer music. ALL HAIL THE KING!!

Here is an audio interview I did with King a few months ago for my web show. He always makes for a great interview. Check it out if you get a chance.

www.metalreigns.com/interviews.html

Metal Reigns said:
I have to agree with all parties here. King is one of my fav musicians of all-time. His voice and lyrical content always are killer and Andy is amazing. Hard to like Fate over Diamond and vise versa. Both are quite different bands and make killer music. ALL HAIL THE KING!!

Here is an audio interview I did with King a few months ago for my web show. He always makes for a great interview. Check it out if you get a chance.

www.metalreigns.com/interviews.html

Is there any chance I can link to that interview on my website?? Check it out if you like.

The King Diamond Shrine