The Official Royal Carnage KING DIAMOND Thread

Which King Diamond release is your fave?

• Fatal Portrait

Votes: 1 3.6%
  • Abigail

Votes: 14 50.0%
  • Them

Votes: 3 10.7%
  • Conspiracy

• The Eye

Votes: 2 7.1%
  • The Spider's Lullabye

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The Graveyard

• Voodoo

• House Of God

• Abigail II: The Revenge

• What in the fuck? I hate King Diamond

• Total voters
I've never been a fan of King Diamond or Mercyful Fate. King's vocals have never really grabbed me. I had no intention of enjoying "The Puppet Master". To be honest, I'd didn't even think I'd bother listening to it. However, after downloading it, and listening to it once or twice, I bought the real thing from The End (got it in three days).

The disc rocks. It will easily make my Top 10. I didn't expect the guitar work to be enjoyable as it is. King's vocals have really put their hooks in me. I fully intend to check out some of his older stuff. I also plan on hitting the show at the Troc in mid-November.

GZ

General Zod said:
I've never been a fan of King Diamond or Mercyful Fate. King's vocals have never really grabbed me. I had no intention of enjoying "The Puppet Master". To be honest, I'd didn't even think I'd bother listening to it. However, after downloading it, and listening to it once or twice, I bought the real thing from The End (got it in three days).

The disc rocks. It will easily make my Top 10. I didn't expect the guitar work to be enjoyable as it is. King's vocals have really put their hooks in me. I fully intend to check out some of his older stuff. I also plan on hitting the show at the Troc in mid-November.

GZ
Good man! The album has definitely grown after a few listens. Still not as good as Abigail 2, but hey, I can't complain too much. I'll be seeing him on the 20th of Nov. I believe.

Glad to hear you liked it. There's a lot to go back and check out!

I'm really digging The Puppet Master lately. I think I like it more than Abigail II, but not as much as House of God... yet.

The dvd that comes with it is fricking unbelievable. I keep on showing it to people to watch their jaw drop. I love ya King, but fuck...

I am loving Puppet Master. Granted, I'm more familiar with his Mercyful Fate work, having only heard Abigail and Them from his KD era...but I gotta say, this is brilliant stuff. Love the storyline and music, and most importantly I like the fact that his vocals have almost returned to a Mercyful Fate style as opposed to constant falsetto as he did on Them.

The new live album, Deadly Lullabyes, sounds fucking awesome -- from what I've heard of it -- especially "Welcome Home". That's gotta be the riff of all riffs!

:kickass:

Man, revisiting "Abigail" after a few years is totally kicking my dick in... I love it more than before.

Krigloch the Furious said:
I wanna sing like the King. :(
bargain-left-handed-scissors-small.jpg

I listened to Abigail II and The Puppet Master for the first time in a couple years, and they're approximately 37 times better than I remember. Fuck, I have some catching up to do now. Does anyone care to rank the following albums, and possibly give a bit of commentary on them?

The Eye
The Spider's Lullaby
The Graveyard
Voodoo
House Of God
Deadly Lullabyes Live

First of all, zero votes for Conspiracy just re-emphasizes how underrated that magnificent album is, especially where House of God got 3 votes lol. Likewise, Abigail is overrated (but excellent nonetheless).

Necuratul said:
I listened to Abigail II and The Puppet Master for the first time in a couple years, and they're approximately 37 times better than I remember. Fuck, I have some catching up to do now. Does anyone care to rank the following albums, and possibly give a bit of commentary on them?

The Eye
The Spider's Lullaby
The Graveyard
Voodoo
House Of God
Deadly Lullabyes Live

From that list, The Eye is by far the best. All those albums aren't exactly his best work, but The Eye at least is the most consistent. After Abigail, Them, Conspiracy, and Puppet Master, I would probably rank The Eye next.

Graveyard is his worst most probably. Spider's Lullabye has some really good tracks, and the rest is not so exciting. Voodoo is a forgettable affair. House of God should be good, even just for featuring Mike Wead, but it's not really that all that good.

Deadly Lullabyes Live is useless (as are most live albums). It's basically 60% Abigail, which is odd considering he was promoting Puppet Master at the time. I just wish it was a bit more varied....