The Official Royal Carnage KING DIAMOND Thread

Which King Diamond release is your fave?

• Fatal Portrait

Votes: 1 3.6%
  • Abigail

Votes: 14 50.0%
  • Them

Votes: 3 10.7%
  • Conspiracy

• The Eye

Votes: 2 7.1%
  • The Spider's Lullabye

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The Graveyard

• Voodoo

• House Of God

• Abigail II: The Revenge

• What in the fuck? I hate King Diamond

• Total voters

Papa Josh

Minister of Propaganda
That's right, brothers and sisters of metal!

Sittin around listening to the "House Of God" cd right now while drinking some Honey Brown. Absolutely killer. I've always dug King's theatrics and the music is just so full on metal{/B].

He's had some amazing guitar players in the King Diamond band and has really made a return to his classic form.

I gave hails to the King, his legacy long and awe inspiring.

Papa Josh said:
Are you kidding? The Eye? The drum machine alone... ughhh.
Good songs, though.

I absolutely love the songs on The Eye. I think the drums would bother me more if I heard it for the first time now. But for some reason it didn't bother me 13 years ago (blame it on youth) so I accept it more now. Kind of like the keyboards in Seventh Son...

The solos alone on The Family Ghost just fucking rule. I remember when i first saw the video on Headbanger's Ball back in the day and was thought they were so evil. Also, the guitar melodies at the end of Black Horsemen.

I love the story of Them & Conspiracy (which is probably my second favorite). The main riff on Cremation smokes!

Abigail II was quite good too, love the addition of Mike Wead on guitar.

I liked The Graveyard, but the production is very thin.

As of late, "This Place Is Terrible" off of House of God has been a fave...
Those solos...

We went away this last weekend and we took some Mercyful Fate with us...gotta say, I liked King Diamond when he would fluctuate his singing style from low to high-pitched.

As much as I like KD, I think I prefer Mercyful Fate when I compare the two...

JayKeeley said:
We went away this last weekend and we took some Mercyful Fate with us...gotta say, I liked King Diamond when he would fluctuate his singing style from low to high-pitched.

As much as I like KD, I think I prefer Mercyful Fate when I compare the two...

He still does... just not as often. And as far as Mercyful Fate... well, that's a whole nother thread now isn't it? :loco:

I dare, no, double dare you... :Smug:

Papa Josh said:
He still does... just not as often. And as far as Mercyful Fate... well, that's a whole nother thread now isn't it? :loco:

I dare, no, double dare you... :Smug:

A thread on Mercyful Fate vs King Diamond...now that sounds familiar doesn't it? Didn't we already do this? Can't find it on our forum - wonder if we did it on Mainstream Resistance?

Also, are they re-releasing a bunch of stuff? If you look at the upcoming releases at The End, they list Abigail/Fatal Portrait and Melissa/In the Beginning....

And there's a KD greatest hits CD coming out now too. I noticed Dave Ellefson is doing the liner notes which answers the question to "what ex-Megadeth members do when Mustaine pretends his arm hurts".

JayKeeley said:
A thread on Mercyful Fate vs King Diamond...now that sounds familiar doesn't it? Didn't we already do this? Can't find it on our forum - wonder if we did it on Mainstream Resistance?

Also, are they re-releasing a bunch of stuff? If you look at the upcoming releases at The End, they list Abigail/Fatal Portrait and Melissa/In the Beginning....

And there's a KD greatest hits CD coming out now too. I noticed Dave Ellefson is doing the liner notes which answers the question to "what ex-Megadeth members do when Mustaine pretends his arm hurts".

That's funny. You know, you might be right. However, I was more advocating a separate thread for MF. Quite a history there.

I've also always been more compelled by Mercyful Fate than King Diamond. Abigail and Voodoo have been really the only two KD albums I listen to regularly.

I wasn't expecting to like The Puppet Master but I've heard the whole thing and I have to admit it's a grower. Magic and Christmas I think are the best songs. Check out the female vocals too, something a bit new for him (even if it is one of the most worn out metal trends).