The Official Royal Carnage KING DIAMOND Thread

Which King Diamond release is your fave?

• Fatal Portrait

Votes: 1 3.6%
  • Abigail

Votes: 14 50.0%
  • Them

Votes: 3 10.7%
  • Conspiracy

• The Eye

Votes: 2 7.1%
  • The Spider's Lullabye

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The Graveyard

• Voodoo

• House Of God

• Abigail II: The Revenge

• What in the fuck? I hate King Diamond

• Total voters
JayKeeley said:
First of all, zero votes for Conspiracy just re-emphasizes how underrated that magnificent album is, especially where House of God got 3 votes lol. Likewise, Abigail is overrated (but excellent nonetheless).

From that list, The Eye is by far the best. All those albums aren't exactly his best work, but The Eye at least is the most consistent. After Abigail, Them, Conspiracy, and Puppet Master, I would probably rank The Eye next.

Graveyard is his worst most probably. Spider's Lullabye has some really good tracks, and the rest is not so exciting. Voodoo is a forgettable affair. House of God should be good, even just for featuring Mike Wead, but it's not really that all that good.

Deadly Lullabyes Live is useless (as are most live albums). It's basically 60% Abigail, which is odd considering he was promoting Puppet Master at the time. I just wish it was a bit more varied....

So how bad is The Graveyard? What exactly don't you like about it?

Abigail
Don't Break The Oath!
Melissa
Them

Don't get The Graveyard. It's dumb. So is House of God. 9 is okay.

After 17 solid months of intense King Diamond study, I'm thinking about voting for The Eye in this thread.

However, maybe I should wait a few more years just to confirm that Abigail is not my genuine preference.