King Of Terrors Vs. Pharoah

Which song do you like better?

• King Of Terrors

Votes: 32 76.2%
  • Pharoah

Votes: 10 23.8%

• Total voters
Well definately KoT, but I'd really love to hear Pharoah live, as ive seen them do KoT all 4 times ive seen them

*maybe PP4! :)*

And also, its kinda bothering me how some people are saying KoT & Pharoah are the weakest songs on the respective albums....not at all so! If you've ever seen KoT live, you have no right at all to say that, as it makes you jump & scream and thrash for the entire fucking song!

As for Pharoah, the part where its like "I am God, I am King, Of the Land....." thats such a brutally awesome part of the song, I cant see how anyone would possibly think its weak!

But again, I voted for KoT :)

BastrdDrmr said:
I think the guitar solo in King of Terrors is terrible. It's a bunch of incoherent wah pedal wanking that reminds me of Kirk Hammett.

yikes.gif

wtf.gif

KIRK HAMMETT??????????

Anyway, I like Pharaoh (I'm glad someone else spelled it wrong too!!)
But, my choice is KoT because I think the production is so much better and LIVE, it's totally amazing. :cool:

Haha, well.... obviously not that bad. However, a very fast fury of notes with wah proves to be a very incohesive mess. The solo in King of Terrors is almost "noisy" because you just can't tell what the hell is going on. It would've been a lot cooler without the wah going.

Both songs are great! And I agree that neither is the weakest song on their respective albums. I went with Pharaoh (what's this "Pharoah" song everyone keeps talking about anyway? :) ), but it's mostly for sentimental reasons - it was my first Symphony X song.

Symphony X said:
Anyway, you have to agree that they did this "different" album just to get more fans at home (The USA).

I don't think anyone has to agree to that at all!! I think they made exactly the kind of music they wanted to make.

Symphony X said:
These two songs show the difference between the old heavy Symphony X songs and the new ones. I prefer Pharaoh, as I prefer their old work rather than Odyssey (except for the first album). But don't get me wrong, I said I prefer their old stuff, but I love Odyssey, It still keeps a lot of their characteristics and the new ones are also cool.

This is basically what I'm saying.:cool:

I must say though that the results of this poll are hardly surprising.

Testament to the fact that 'metal' has always been more popular than prog.

"Well checkers always sells more than chess". -"Fast" Eddie Felson: The Color Of Money(1986)