King Tuts wah Wah Hut Review

Mad Dan McCafferty

Don't Get Mad,Get Waysted
Oct 6, 2004
KRAKATOA
www.myspace.com
Well after waiting since the 'Rock The Nations' tour at the Pavillion in Glasgow, the mighty Saxon returned to Glasgow and blew us away!! Playing their first club gig in over 20 years, this was a sweaty close up and personal performance, no back drops, no lighting rigs no fancy stage sets, just Biff and the boys playing pure metal all the way. 250 people crammed into King Tuts ready to rock the night away. Saxon came on at 9.30pm, Lionheart then Power & The Glory are belted out, all the classics and plenty of new stuff. Similar to the previous set lists with the inclusion of 'Court Of The Crimson King'

It'll be along time before Saxon play such an intimate gig again, I just thank the metal masters that I was there!!!

If anyone is interested in good rock guitar playin' look out for the Guitar Hero competitions around the country, go along and support the new breed coming through!!

Mad Dan McCafferty said:
Well after waiting since the 'Rock The Nations' tour at the Pavillion in Glasgow, the mighty Saxon returned to Glasgow and blew us away!! Playing their first club gig in over 20 years, this was a sweaty close up and personal performance, no back drops, no lighting rigs no fancy stage sets, just Biff and the boys playing pure metal all the way. 250 people crammed into King Tuts ready to rock the night away. Saxon came on at 9.30pm, Lionheart then Power & The Glory are belted out, all the classics and plenty of new stuff. Similar to the previous set lists with the inclusion of 'Court Of The Crimson King'

It'll be along time before Saxon play such an intimate gig again, I just thank the metal masters that I was there!!!

If anyone is interested in good rock guitar playin' look out for the Guitar Hero competitions around the country, go along and support the new breed coming through!!

Thanks for the review. I can't wait to see the mighty Saxon in Barcelona.

Paxoman said:
Was 250 all the venue held Mad Dan? Wow, that's no bigger than the Witchwood in Ashton! That must have been some gig!

Yes only 250 lucky B's!!! The first time I saw Saxon was at the Glasgow Apollo 1983, front row 3000 people, this gig was something special. you'll be able to see the size of the place hopefully on the next DVD as they have been filming all the shows and Biff said we'd be on there!!!

Nice one Dan!

Almogaver - Me and the other half are thinking about going to the Barcelona gig. We have been looking at the Razzmatazz 2 website but it is all in Spanish. We have emailed the website and are waiting for them to reply (if they will). Are tickets on sale yet? Is there any website that does tickets for the gig that is in English? Is the venue in central Barcelona, and are there any hotels close? I appreciate any help you can give me.

Paxoman said:
Nice one Dan!

Almogaver - Me and the other half are thinking about going to the Barcelona gig. We have been looking at the Razzmatazz 2 website but it is all in Spanish. We have emailed the website and are waiting for them to reply (if they will). Are tickets on sale yet? Is there any website that does tickets for the gig that is in English? Is the venue in central Barcelona, and are there any hotels close? I appreciate any help you can give me.

Hey, man, I'm glad I could help you. First of all, sorry for my bad english. You can buy the tickets online at www.ticktackticket.com. The web is in spanish and english too. You just have to search "Saxon" where it says "all events". I've never bought tickets through this page but I think it should be easy. Razzmatazz 2 is in Pamplona street, in a part of Barcelona called "Poble Nou". It's not far from the city center but you can stay in a hotel near the city center and go to the venue by subway (Metro). After the concert the metro will be avaliable. The web has also a link to the Metro's webpage. That's all I can say now, try to buy the tickets through ticktackticket and if you have any problems say it to me. I hope we can meet there.

Almogaver - Thank you, that is brilliant information. You have been a real help. The only problem now is trying to get a flight to Barcelona, everywhere we have tried is very expensive. But we haven't given up yet!

Oh, and by the way, there is nothing wrong with your English. It is very very good. It is better than my Spanish! Come to think of it, it is better than my English! :lol:

Paxoman said:
Almogaver - Thank you, that is brilliant information. You have been a real help. The only problem now is trying to get a flight to Barcelona, everywhere we have tried is very expensive. But we haven't given up yet!

Oh, and by the way, there is nothing wrong with your English. It is very very good. It is better than my Spanish! Come to think of it, it is better than my English! :lol:

I hope you'll find a cheap flight to Barcelona. I don't know where you live but Ryanair (www.ryanair.com) has cheap flights to Catalonia. The problem is that the flights land in Girona (80 kms far from Barcelona) and you have to take a train or something to arrive to the catalan capital. Have you tried with Easyjet?

It's good that you can understand my poor english. I learnt it alone listening to heavy metal songs!!!

Almogaver said:
I hope you'll find a cheap flight to Barcelona. I don't know where you live but Ryanair (www.ryanair.com) has cheap flights to Catalonia. The problem is that the flights land in Girona (80 kms far from Barcelona) and you have to take a train or something to arrive to the catalan capital. Have you tried with Easyjet?

It's good that you can understand my poor english. I learnt it alone listening to heavy metal songs!!!
Thanks Almogaver. Yes we tried Easyjet. In fact we tried everywhere but every flight is really expensive. It would be cheaper to go for a week holiday somewhere else! We have some air miles that we could maybe use. But apart from that, it is not looking like we are going to make it unfortunately. But I am still hoping.

Paxoman said:
Thanks Almogaver. Yes we tried Easyjet. In fact we tried everywhere but every flight is really expensive. It would be cheaper to go for a week holiday somewhere else! We have some air miles that we could maybe use. But apart from that, it is not looking like we are going to make it unfortunately. But I am still hoping.
I hope you'll find a cheap flight 'cause the Barcelona show is going to kick serious ass