November 6th Barcelona Razzmatazz 2

Almogaver

The Jack
Sep 29, 2004
Barcelona
www.the-jack.cjb.net
Saxon played last sunday november 6 one of the best shows I've ever seen in my life. The venue was full and the audience was mad along the whole show, something the band thanked a lot. They played for 2 hours and 15 minutes with an awesome setlist (in no particular order)

The Return
Lionheart
Backs to the Wall
Power and the glory
Are we travellers in time
Beyond the Grave
Man and Machine
Rock the Nations
Broken Heroes
Motorcycle Man
Heavy Metal Thunder
To Live by the Sword+Unleash the Beast
Ride like the Wind
Witchfinder General
Strong Arm of the law
Dogs of War
Never Surrender
Wheels of steel
747 (strangers in the night)
Strong Arm of the Law
Crusader
20,000 ft.
Princess of the Night
Denim and Leather

The stage set was also great, with metal elevated platforms. Biff was in good shape except in To live by the sword, and the whole band was energetic, especially Nibbs (who incredibely appeared next to me in the front row of the audience when Chinchilla was playing) and Jörg Michael. Doug did'nt stop to cheat with a girl of the front row (he gave her a pick personally) and Paul was happy in his own world. Biff is the best frontman EVER.

Next day, in Madrid, they played for 2 hours and 40 minutes. :headbang: :headbang: :headbang:

They gave hell there too as it appears!!!! Great review Almogaver....wish I was there....then again, I wish I could be in every show they give in the world!!!! "Rock the Nations" must have been a little surprise just for you....they change a little their their setlists in each country, though I see that they kept "Ride Like the Wind". They told us here in Thessaloniki that they hadn't even rehearsed it, but since they saw that everybody loves that song, they made it a standard.
Now they own Barcelona too....
The Eagle has Landed once more......... :headbang: :headbang: :headbang:

The Bleeding Wizard said:
They gave hell there too as it appears!!!! Great review Almogaver....wish I was there....then again, I wish I could be in every show they give in the world!!!! "Rock the Nations" must have been a little surprise just for you....they change a little their their setlists in each country, though I see that they kept "Ride Like the Wind". They told us here in Thessaloniki that they hadn't even rehearsed it, but since they saw that everybody loves that song, they made it a standard.
Rock the Nations was a surprise, yeah, a great gift. Ride like the wind was absolutely awesome. And the band was surprised by the reaction of the audience with this no so popular song: the people knew and sang the lyrics. I missed "And the bands played on" or "The Eagle has landed", but the show was superb. 25 great songs for 25 great years of heavy metal (I forgot "Flying on the edge" in the list). Biff said: "see you very very soon". Anyway, I expect to see them again in the Bang Your Head Festival 2005.

A friend of mine who works in Razzmatazz 2 told me yesterday that his boss told the band to cut the show because of the time. :puke: and the band was pissed off, of course. Maybe Saxon would have played more than 2 hours and a half like in Madrid if this idiot wasn't ruling the venue. Anyway, the concert kicked ass.

:D :D
The Bleeding Wizard said: