30th October, Thessaloniki Ydrogeios Club, Greece

The Bleeding Wizard

New Metal Member
Nov 1, 2004
Thessaloniki, Greece
They utterly destroyed us!!!!!!My head still hurts, my neck feels like a chainsaw is chewing the muscles and my throat is still soar!!!!!Here goes my report...
First came Chinchilla. I had never seen or heard them before but I will keep an open eye for them. They were surprisingly good and managed to set the fire in our ears so as to warm us up for the big event. Anybody, check them out!!!!
Saxon came next, about 15 min before their regular time. I will post the list later, but you will have to know that the original playlist had only 18 songs. After the 6th or 7th song Biff tore the list to pieces and Saxon thrashed our heads with whatever we wanted to hear!!!!I think no other band has ever done that, or have the skill to do so. During the show, Biff, the security guards and the crew were giving away bottles of water, or sometimes "baptised" us with the precious liquid, since everybody was suffering from dehydration in there. Here is the list (not in the correct order):
The Return
Lionheart
Power and the Glory
20.000 feet
Heavy Metal Thunder
Beyond the Grave
Flying on the Edge
Witchfinder General
Forever Free
And the Bands Played On
Solid Ball of Rock
This Town Rocks(!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)
Broken Heroes
Ride Like the Wind(!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)
Backs to the Wall(!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)
Never Surrender(!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)
Denim and Leather
Princess of the Night
Crusader
Live by the Sword/Unleash the Beast/Live by the Sword
Travelers in Time
Wheels of Steel
Motorcycle Man
Dogs of War
Strong Arm of the Law
Man and Machine
The show lasted for 2 hours and 35 to 40 minutes while the original list was made for 1 hour and a half!!!!!!!!! Their anchor lasted for more than an hour!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!They palyed 27 songs instead of 18!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :OMG:

They rule!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I can't wait for them to come again and burn our brains!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
:headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: FOREVER

Ride like the wind!! they played everything I wanted apart from this song!
we got Dragon`s Lair, Dallas 1pm and Searching for atlantis... I thought that our setlist was perfect, but hmmm. Now I see that you`re setlist is even more perfect :)) Well, I`m afraid how Almogaver`s show will look like........ :))) If the band won`t be too exhausted after such long gigs... well, I would really like to be on that show! :)

I would really like to hear them play a song from the "Killing Ground" album, any song, they just forgot about it. I would also like to hear "Frozen Rainbow" live. But they are getting better every time they come here!!!!!!!! Maybe someday they'll do us a favour and play "Live fast, die young" or "Krakatoa" from the b-sides (no chance!!!!!)
This town knows how to rock and proved it!!!!
Long live :headbang: :headbang: :headbang:

I told you Greek Fans are the best!!
Anyway almost same shit in Athens but the 6-8 songs from the new album was not very much appreciated.!
Also Biff mention that they played in Thessaloniki westerday and nobody gave a fuck. And i guess the same thing happend to Thessaloniki too. I guess he should not interfear again cuz he did it on the last tour again and it's getting borring.
Giati exei Athinaikes pinakideeessss.

OH!
BTW They were filming us for their new DVD , Bleeding did they do it in Salonika too?

Yeah well, shut your mouth and stay out of this ok? It's not your issue so don't interfere! I Think both gig's would have been to much for you to handle.

Re Bleeding auta ta aglakia telios ilithia! Oute kopaniounte oute tipota. As patisei kanena arxidaki salonika i athina kai otan gini kimas tha katalavei ti poustreli einai.

We had a minor problem with the new songs in Thessaloniki too. Biff felt obliged to remind the fans that there was a new alboum out there named "Lionheart". The fact that they chose some of the less powerful tracks from the album kept the crowd less passionate. Songs like "Beyond the Grave" and "Flying on the Edge" (the last one quite unappropriate for a concert here in Greece I believe, it is more for a German or other gig) couldn't put us into gear. We need power, we are greeks, we need fast, deadly songs with a pair of red hairy balls!!!! If any one of you were in there watching the crowd go berserk at the sound of "Backs to the Wall", you would know what I mean....
Den katalavainw, ti skata theloun ta mounopana kai ta vazoun me ta sidera? As gyrisoun stis pop malakies pou exoun sta top10 kai as afisoun emas pou exoume paparia na apolausoume to headbanging kai to ksylo twn gamatwn synayliwn!!!!!!!
Saxon came, Saxon saw, Saxon conquered!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

sapator said:
Yeah well, shut your mouth and stay out of this ok? It's not your issue so don't interfere! I Think both gig's would have been to much for you to handle.QUOTE]

You appear to be upset by my comments Sapator. I was just saying that obviously Athens fans are boring and they just don't know how to rock. If I ever go and see a gig in Greece, I will be sure to go to one in Thessaloniki, and not one in Athens.

i was also a bit dissapointed in Zagreb that they played weakest songs on the album like Flying on the Edge and Beyond the Grave, while such killers like English Manowar or Justice are ommited

Fingers said:
Go for it Pax ! :tickled:

At this rate we'll never get the Euro and it could be all your fault :worship: :worship: :worship:

Now when you get a moment how about sorting out the issues in Iraq :D
OK Fingers, I'll do a letter to George Bush and tell him exactly what I think! :lol:

I hope you don't think that I am trying to wind Sapator up! Because as you know, I would never do such a thing! :lol:

Paxoman for the last time , stay out of this!

You've ever been to a Greek consert?! Ever in Athens?! You don't have a friking clue do you?!
Greeks are MAD you can get hurt badly in a consert cuz we are going so crazy.
I've been to an English consert, i was headbanging like crazy and everybody was looking at me like saing"What is wrong with the kid??!!" You cannot handle nor Thessalonik or Athens mate...Boring?!! HAHAH!! I'll saw you boring! Just come to a consert and get in front and i promise you you won't last 5 minutes! And now some greeks, ignore.

Re Sapaki aglaki poustrelaki! Gamo to mouni pou se petage mori poustra tripordi! Re se xino kai les to paterimon anapoda bas kai glitoseis poutsoperivlima! Ante kai gamisou vlaka. Kala pos sto poutso vgalate toses megales bandes ekei pera de katalaveno! Afou eiste poustrelia olkis kourades mou! Gamimena arxidia file mou, ego otan imoun pano to mono pou kanane itane na methoun kai na ksernoun! Zoa telios.

Paxoman said:
OK Fingers, I'll do a letter to George Bush and tell him exactly what I think! :lol:

I hope you don't think that I am trying to wind Sapator up! Because as you know, I would never do such a thing! :lol:
The more I read and the more I think about things Pax Thessaloniki might be the place to go for a gig. :loco:

Shall we do a board meet up? :Spin:

Boutrous Boutrous Gali :wave:

Fingers

You'll get flamed in both cities!!!
Sapator cannot be WINDED UP! BUT HE CAN BLOW WIND LIKE HELL'S TONGUE!!

English people talk about iraq.HAHAHAHAHAHA!!! Killers!

Thessaloniki has the most beautyfull girls (but they are cold hearted bitches). Milao ek piras na oum.
Athens has me!. Ancient Greeks (and romans) gave you the language you speak now. Fucck George Bush jr! Funny faces etc cuz i'm on quick reply now.

OH! And Athens has Panathinaikos F.C. that Fuccks Arsenal and Anri every time!
Fuuck Olympiakos gavroi mounia! Juventus-Olympiakos 7-0 last year. HAHAHAHAH!!!HHAHAHH!H!H!H!!H!!!!!!!!
Also we will be on DVD and you english guys can watch and judge. English band that doesn't DVDize the English gigs = English gigs are boooorrrrriiinnnggggggg!!

P.S. am i going too fast? Do i ride like the wind?! Do i land like the eagle? Do i crusade you for your coala dolls? I got the Power and the Glory babe and now i'm gonna have my new Sony 32-Fq86..Errr ignore last comment.

sapator said:
Paxoman for the last time , stay out of this!

You don't have a friking clue do you?!
Greeks are MAD you can get hurt badly in a consert cuz we are going so crazy.
I've been to an English consert, i was headbanging like crazy and everybody was looking at me like saing"What is wrong with the kid??!!" You cannot handle nor Thessalonik or Athens mate...Boring?!! HAHAH!! I'll saw you boring! Just come to a consert and get in front and i promise you you won't last 5 minutes! QUOTE]

Yeah Paxoman, stay out of it! :lol: What would you know about Saxon gigs anyway, you've only been into them for about 24 years or so! Never mind that you once had to take a whole week off work 'cos you knackered your calf muscles from moshing so much, you could hardly walk! Sapator is right, you wouldn't last five minutes down the front! :lol:

We all know that Greek fans are the best, especially ones in Athens - Saxon think so, and so do I. :Smug: Fans from any other country are crap, and the sooner you learn that, the better. If you're not careful, Sapator will be having a word with Biff and have you withdrawn from this message board - Biff always does what the Greek fans want, it seems they are the only ones paying his wages :D